Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UniEuro and Pixmania

UniEuro and Pixmania

Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default UniEuro and Pixmania

For anyone interested, these are both part of Dixons group based in the UK! UniEuro is Curry's lol!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UniEuro and Pixmania

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
For anyone interested, these are both part of Dixons group based in the UK! UniEuro is Curry's lol!
They've re-done our UniEuro and it now looks the same as Curry's. The customer service is still Italian though.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:09 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to one as it's on the wrong side of the city from me! I've heard they can be cheaper and all the local Experts have closed near me so I'm game to give them a go. I've heard Pixmania can be pretty good too but never used them 'cos I'd never heard of them!!

Having said that about customer service - I think Dixon's/Curry's is one of the shops I do remember where it was always bad anyway - maybe the staff training is done over here!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I've never been to one as it's on the wrong side of the city from me! I've heard they can be cheaper and all the local Experts have closed near me so I'm game to give them a go. I've heard Pixmania can be pretty good too but never used them 'cos I'd never heard of them!!

Having said that about customer service - I think Dixon's/Curry's is one of the shops I do remember where it was always bad anyway - maybe the staff training is done over here!
Testa....they do online shopping too but be careful as theire couriers are half asleep and it can take weeks to get your product delivered, even if you buy and pay for it instore.....I have a story with a fridge that I bought and after a week cancelled the order because they were too slow.......It then arrived on my doorstep after a month and the courier expecting me to pay for them to bring it back to the shop
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

The UniEuro here has shut recently. We thought they were scaling back their operations in Europe. Must admit that it is often cheaper for computery things to buy and pay for shipping from the UK. Not sure you could do that with a fridge though!! The Castarama (sp??) has recently changed to a Leroy Merlin. Castarama was owned the same group as B&Q and it seems they are scaling back some of their European ops too.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by indiebird
The UniEuro here has shut recently. We thought they were scaling back their operations in Europe. Must admit that it is often cheaper for computery things to buy and pay for shipping from the UK. Not sure you could do that with a fridge though!! The Castarama (sp??) has recently changed to a Leroy Merlin. Castarama was owned the same group as B&Q and it seems they are scaling back some of their European ops too.
Depends. If you have someone coming over in a car it'd be cheaper. I got my kitchen range that way but my dad was coming over in a van to finish the house so he took it over!

The Italian Terracotta tiles I have in the kitchen, from a company in Bologna, also cost me more than a third less buying them in Ireland and getting my dad to stick them in the van too instead of buying them in Bologna and getting them delivered to me here in Italy! Crazy!!!!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:38 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely a good thing. There's also a Dixons duty free now open in Roma airport.

Pixmania used to have great prices for cameras but it was hard to get UK based online companies or John Lewis (if you didn't want to order from Pixmania that is) to pricematch as they weren't based in the UK. I wonder where their company headquarters will remain? *** Just checked *** Their website remains registered in France therefore their prices cannot be used for any price match here in Italy or the UK. However they do price matching to any Italian site up to 7 days after your purchase.

One trick I found regarding Unieuro on certain products only, if you know the product you want, I did this last year searching for a Panasonic plasma, do a search for it on Kelkoo.it and visit the Unieuro site via the Kelkoo link to get a discount. If it's a small product, you can avoid the delivery charge by paying online and collecting it instore.

Last edited by duffer; Jan 15th 2010 at 7:50 am. Reason: More info added re Pixmania
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:46 am
The Original Red Head!

Thanks duffer! That's really useful to know! Did you get your camera? Also, in all seriousness did you want to offload one of your digi frames??
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:35 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

No I didn't get the camera. I regret it now because it's EUR 300 more here. I have 2 HP digi-frames unused - but the OH has commanded me to sort out some SD cards with photos of Brando and give one each to our mums. 1 is already in the UK. Ask me again in the summer and you might get lucky. Oh-er.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

Lol! Good idea!