Uk passport renewal from Italy

Old Mar 26th 2024, 12:28 am
Just Joined

expat12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport renewal from Italy

Originally Posted by philat98
National Savings Account.
Thank you.
So in your case they didn't require any residence certificate?
Old Mar 26th 2024, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat12
Thank you.
So in your case they didn't require any residence certificate?
I renewed my passport quite a few years ago. I would apply for an Id card.
Old Mar 27th 2024, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by philat98
I used Postapriority Internazionale. It costs less than €5 and was quite fast.
I had to apply for a passport renewal today and doing it online was straightforward (I enclosed a copy of my Brexit attestation and a letter I'd received from DWP just to be sure). The faff was in returning the old passport - I went to Poste Italiane and they flatly refused to take the envelope - we cannot send such documents abroad - this was with the Postapriority service. I remembered there was a mailing service office in town - Mailboxes Etc - and they took the envelope for delivery - €25 and delivery Friday,
Old Mar 28th 2024, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

Fees are going up on 11 April 2024

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...plication-fees
Old Mar 28th 2024, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lugsbug
I had to apply for a passport renewal today and doing it online was straightforward (I enclosed a copy of my Brexit attestation and a letter I'd received from DWP just to be sure). The faff was in returning the old passport - I went to Poste Italiane and they flatly refused to take the envelope - we cannot send such documents abroad - this was with the Postapriority service. I remembered there was a mailing service office in town - Mailboxes Etc - and they took the envelope for delivery - €25 and delivery Friday,
I had the same experience a couple of years ago, but I was sending mine by registered post (raccomandata) with Poste Italiane. They initially refused to take my old passport, but I told them I was simply following the rules set by our HM Passport Office, with emphasis on 'Her Majesty'. These two words worked wonders!
Old Mar 28th 2024, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daniel_t
I had the same experience a couple of years ago, but I was sending mine by registered post (raccomandata) with Poste Italiane. They initially refused to take my old passport, but I told them I was simply following the rules set by our HM Passport Office, with emphasis on 'Her Majesty'. These two words worked wonders!
I'm glad you got sorted. I looked at the International Insured option which didn't prohibit the sending of ID documents (all the other sending options did) but the UK was not listed as a country that this could be sent to - very strange. Anyway, provided my old one is delivered when promised, I now know of an alternative option
Old Mar 28th 2024, 10:01 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you got sorted. I looked at the International Insured option which didn't prohibit the sending of ID documents (all the other sending options did) but the UK was not listed as a country that this could be sent to - very strange. Anyway, provided my old one is delivered when promised, I now know of an alternative option
I did my own passport in 2020 and spent a small fortune at the Italian Post Office for an international racommandata with ricevuta di ritorno. When I checked tracking it had not even left Milan after a whole week. Bollocks. After a whole week it was still in Italy.
When I did my son‘s a year later, I spent some time getting online quotes from all the couriers. I had the time. UPS were the best and they were brilliant. For less than the PO they came to my front door and son‘s documents were in Durham a day later.
Old Mar 29th 2024, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daniel_t
Does this mean online applications up until 10th of April still have the same price even if documents are received later?

Also, I have a question for those who have travelled since brexit, how do you manage not to get your passport stamped at the airport when exiting Italy? ( It's our right as residents according to the Withdrawal agreement)

Last edited by expat12; Mar 29th 2024 at 9:37 am.
Old Mar 29th 2024, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I did my own passport in 2020 and spent a small fortune at the Italian Post Office for an international racommandata with ricevuta di ritorno. When I checked tracking it had not even left Milan after a whole week. Bollocks. After a whole week it was still in Italy.
When I did my son‘s a year later, I spent some time getting online quotes from all the couriers. I had the time. UPS were the best and they were brilliant. For less than the PO they came to my front door and son‘s documents were in Durham a day later.
That must have been an unsettling experience. Good to hear it went swimmingly the second time round - with UPS!

Poste Italiane is a bit of a joke. Up until 2020, I would get bank statements from the UK delivered to me a month or two late - I've since gone digital. Even the local posts take weeks to get here - I live in the capital town of the province.
Old Mar 29th 2024, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Does this mean online applications up until 10th of April still have the same price even if documents are received later?

Also, I have a question for those who have travelled since brexit, how do you manage not to get your passport stamped at the airport when exiting Italy? ( It's our right as residents according to the Withdrawal agreement)
I think so - if online payment is made before 11 April.

I usually show my WA residence card before I give them my passport.
Old Mar 31st 2024, 8:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

There is no passport stamping on your way OUT of Italy, it‘s when you come back in. In January I just sailed up to the guards post and said in Italian, except it came out in local dialect ..... mi go la nova carta Brexit and started to reach for it and they just waved me through.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi expat12

Re passport cost, payment is taken immediately when you apply online.

Re passport stamps, I showed my Brexit WA card and there was no problem.

Old Apr 8th 2024, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hi, have they processed your passport application?
Old Apr 8th 2024, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Expat - yes they have! What a great service. My old passport was delivered to the passport office over Easter weekend then I received emails for each step of the process. Final email from DHL this morning to say they should deliver my new passport tomorrow. Here's a snip from my gov.uk track progress page: