Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UK Bank Acccounts

UK Bank Acccounts

Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Re: UK Bank Acccounts

Originally Posted by Serrano
If you mean "Will a non resident be able to have a bank account with a British bank AFTER 1 JAN 2021?" the answer is NOBODY KNOWS - and won't until a deal or non-deal is defined.
Is now the answer to this question any clearer? If possible which banks would you suggest, Santander? (the bank account holder lives in Italy and is 17yo, I, his mum, also live in Italy, we're both British citizens)
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Is now the answer to this question any clearer? If possible which banks would you suggest, Santander? (the bank account holder lives in Italy and is 17yo, I, his mum, also live in Italy, we're both British citizens)
Last time I checked (January / Early February) the situation among the front-runners was:
Santander - definitely not
Barclays - still reviewing their position, because of Covid they would not say how long this might take
HSBC - definitely yes

However, I am not sure whether any of these banks would offer an account to a 17-year-old, wherever they live. Most seem to insist on minimum age 18.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Barclays probably not, I have an account at Barclays, see my post #72:
UK Bank Acccounts

Yeah you're right on the minimum age, I think I'll struggle to manage to find one willing to open a bank account to a 17yo.