Torino life

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Ornella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torino life

Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to know if there's anyone in Piemonte? Am moving over in January and have no idea where to start my jobhunt... does anyone know where I can get a list of English companies with offices in Turin?

Buona domenica!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:44 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torino life

Originally Posted by Ornella
Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to know if there's anyone in Piemonte? Am moving over in January and have no idea where to start my jobhunt... does anyone know where I can get a list of English companies with offices in Turin?

Buona domenica!
Hello and welcome to this forum. Sorry I can't help you but we do have some members from that area so somebody might pop up with some suggestions for you. Keep checking in during the week as things can be a bit slow at the weekends when people are busy with other stuff.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ornella
welcome to the forum
Theres a few of us in Piemonte - as for jobs - all I can suggest is to try the big sites like jobrapido.it (type in the search box something like lingua inglese or madre-lingua inglese) and you should get a few jobs come up. Failing that you can try all the schools - they often say they want qualified people but when it comes to the crunch they are just happy if you are mother tongue. If you have any contacts then use them - here in Italy its a case of not what you know but who you know !
good luck
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hi Ornella,
I'm in piemonte but a bit north of Torino. What Patty says is right re: jobs but i suppose it depends what kinda thing you're looking for. Welcome anyway and if there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help. My boyfriend is from Torino so I'm hoping we'll find something through contacts. I've been leading tours of Europe for the last 2 years but that doesn't mean anything in Italy as I haven't got a tesserino to say I studied tourism Hence I'll be looking for whatever I can find to pay the rent! I will try the schools then even though I don't have TEFL.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ornella
Thanks for your help. My boyfriend is from Torino so I'm hoping we'll find something through contacts. I've been leading tours of Europe for the last 2 years but that doesn't mean anything in Italy as I haven't got a tesserino to say I studied tourism Hence I'll be looking for whatever I can find to pay the rent! I will try the schools then even though I don't have TEFL.
I really would do that. I think it might be your best bet. Welcome and enjoy the city.xxx
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ornella - any idea of where you will be living more or less ? Will it be city centre or outskirts ? Just to know in case I hear of anything.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

I'll be living in the city, but I'm from London so not scared of commuting!