Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Re: TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

I had a go at Ryanair when they wanted to take my marmite....
I asked them to define liquid....they could not answer me and i said a liquid is a substance that runs freely Marmite is not...Its a paste.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:37 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So is toothpaste but they can take that off you ........ from hand luggage.
Where was your marmite?

Easy Jet took my salad cream but that was because daft OH had it in his hand luggage.

Nothing has been removed from my cases and I have brought some stuff back over the years including packs of lovely Irish butter and whole bacon joints.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:06 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Just as well the hold was cold then! Butter all over your clothes doesn't stand thinking about! Luckily we all like Lurpak and I can get that here. I like the Italian butter too but Alex won't touch it so I've switched to lurpak again.

What a shame about your salad cream! Yuk!! I'm having a debate with OH about it as he had some recently in Spain and thought it was wonderful. I was really happy when Heinz originally tried to stop making it. One of those things I really don't like. It's €4 here so he can live without it!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I wrap the butter packs up in a few freezer or carrier bags before packing it.

OH was in the UK about two weeks ago and managed to run into a shop and buy some salad cream, t-bags and some Cadbury's for me.

Kids were not impressed when he unpacked his case.
Little Alex recognised the purple Cadbury's wrapping and told his daddy that he knows nothing and Grandma would have bought some chocolate buttons !!

I had to share my Dairy Milk and Cadbury's Caramel. Woe is me !
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:19 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he get the kids any?! Definitely doesn't know his kids!

My sis is bringing Crunchies over when she comes. Can't think of anything else - maybe some Hellman's - Italian mayo really isn't great! A friend tried to interest me in her mayo without egg!! Vegan mayo - wtf??!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:31 am

Nope. He says the chocolate is for us all but he likes the Fruit & Nut and especially Rum & Raisin which the kids don't eat. Getting harder and harder to find Rum & Raisin though.

An old school friend of mine arrives at the end of the month and I know my mum is going to give her a bag of chocolate buttons and mini eggs to bring over for the kids for Easter so they will be happy then.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;7370952]Where was your marmite? QUOTE]

In my hand luggage They could not prove it was a liquid as its a paste. I opened the jag tipped upside down and asked "where is the liquid" they could not answer...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was wondering if I could bring through a tin of mushy peas but I guess I better not try it in hand luggage!

It's almost like a guessing game on what foodstuff they'll let through.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:35 pm

Put everything in your case wrapped up inside clothes and stuff and packed tightly where it won't rattle and roll around.

I was having a look at some flights for my dad this morning. The flight prices are still good even for July but the luggage price for each case is loads now. (Jet2.com)
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

I went to a large supermarket a few weeks ago that I don't normally go to.
I laughed when I saw a section called "cibi dal mondo".
The section was smaller than my old school locker.
The grand total of 'world foods' amounted to a few cans of baked beans (Heinz though), some DIY packets of El Paso tortillas and fajitas, a couple of Uncle Ben's dips and rice packets, some soya sauce and some Chinese noodles !
Hi Lorna - you weren't at Selvazanno were you? Because this sounds just like my local Coop. I think the sign for World Foods was bigger than the amount of world foods they had

There's a food shop in Padova selling non-Italian food like Nescafe and Bird's Custard Powder (in a really massive tin). They also sell Banana Ketchup which really intrigues me - I can't quite work out what this is and when you use it!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:56 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Never seen banana ketchup before but they sell green ketchup in Sainsburys!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Yes I've seen the green ketchup but really don't fancy that - ketchup should be red
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

uck Banana ketchup, green ketchup, I would be happy if I could just get the normal Heinz tomato. What's the green ketchup.... organic toms? or is it actually green?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi Debra

I think that it's normal ketchup with green colouring - but I could be wrong Have you actually tasted this Duffer?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:02 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't tasted it but reckon yr right - it's just colouring to make it appealing to kids (?)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.