Swine Flu

Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:33 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swine Flu

A friend suggested that it was possible that the "cold" I have had for the last few weeks was possibly Swine flu. Having checked all the symptoms online with the NHS I'd have to say it does look like I've had it!! Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else comes down with headaches, very bad sore throat, mild fever, loss of appetite and extreme tiredness. I had all these and it is only this week - 3 weeks later - I can honestly say I am getting over it, still a lingering cough and a bit phleghmmmmy. So there you go really!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Re: Swine Flu

Glad you are feeling better. Now get back to the house work...

Did you take any "tamiflu" or just ride it out..Will you be having the jab?

Here in Cesena next month they start....
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:54 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I just rode it out. It was only a friend suggesting that it could have been the 'flu that made me look the symptoms up on NHS direct and I had about 3 or 4 which really surprised me! What I had was like something I always got as a teen so I didn't think anything of it as I knew antibiotics wouldn't solve it! It was a really crap virus, whatever it was! I literally couldn't get out to buy a litre of milk or take my daughter to school! I was up and about, not lying sweating in bed or anything, but just exhausted and this is one of the main symptoms.

The difference now I am getting there makes me realise just how crap I felt, so it wouldn't surprise me now if it was 'flu.

Last New Year I had what I call 'flu, hot and cold, aching all over, really tired and headachey and just wanting to die, this wasn't that bad, which I suppose is what they mean by mild symptoms - it's all relative!

Dunno about the jab now - I'd have the one for seasonal flu rather than this I think, as the bad flu I got was dire!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

glad you're feeling better TRxxx My friend had swine flu in the UK and she was poorly for about 3weeks. It sounded horrible when i spoke to her and she has two lively boys at home by herself so I really felt for her. It's prob been a bit like that for you too.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:11 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

A relation went down with Swine flu and it was like a very bad dose of flu. You probably just had a seasonal virus that seems to be going round. My 3 men have all been laid up. Not me though, sturdier stuff.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by 37100
A relation went down with Swine flu and it was like a very bad dose of flu. You probably just had a seasonal virus that seems to be going round. My 3 men have all been laid up. Not me though, sturdier stuff.
Sounds like might have got it bad! It's supposed to be milder than seasonal flu if you get it!! I had the seasonal one last New Year and that was awful!

Yes, Indie, it wasn't great! Antonia was very frustrated, but probably knows every episode of Tom and Jerry and a few films word perfect by now!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yes, Indie, it wasn't great! Antonia was very frustrated, but probably knows every episode of Tom and Jerry and a few films word perfect by now!!
Bloody nightmare when it's like that!! I remember losing my voice and having the worst sore throat when my dh was away once. I even had to text my mum to phone the school for me as there was no way I was leaving the house with the two kids AND I begged her to drive the hour to Hastings and back to brighton to bring me supplies. She was reluctant but she did it!! I could've done with a teleport last week to go to my friend's aid, although she is so stubborn she probably wouldn't have accepted it!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 5:22 pm
The Original Red Head!

Must admit I'm the same! I've got so used to having work stuff out by myself I rarely ask for help, even though everyone is more than happy to help out! I did let Antonia go with a friend the other week for a few hours on the Sunday and that worked out really well!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:11 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

When my sister had swine flu she said it wasn't half as bad as normal flu as she didn't get the horrible aches and pains in her back and down her legs.
She was given tamiflu but said it is not to allieve your own symptoms but to try and stop spreading the virus quickly ...... but there has been a lot of controversy recently about whether that really works or if it's a big money spinner.