Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Oh No!!!!
I am 51 I have been here 6 long years..... I guess I need to change my licence.
uffa.

I have just checked the date of my UK licence and it runs out in May.... I wonder if my marriage l icence has an expiry date
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Which reminds me that my Italian one runs out next month ....

I am going to get a nice letter with a new one in good time straight from the motorizzazione aren't I?

..aren't I?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:45 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Which reminds me that my Italian one runs out next month ....

I am going to get a nice letter with a new one in good time straight from the motorizzazione aren't I?

..aren't I?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
<googles "rinnovo patente" >
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:53 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW It might not expire now. New rules mean documents expire on your birthday. Monti's sempifica Italia.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I have just gone back and looked at post no 2... 200 euros to exchange my uk licence to an Italian one...

bread and soup for another month.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
BTW It might not expire now. New rules mean documents expire on your birthday. Monti's sempifica Italia.
Actually it expires the day before ..! which is either an incredible coincidence or....

..which also reminds me I've go the bloomin' bollo auto to pay too ..

adieu birthday money .. (edit and e-book reader thing... )

Last edited by MarkRD; Jan 21st 2013 at 3:14 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:10 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Actually it expires the day before ..! which is either an incredible coincidence or....

..whcih also reminds me I've go the bloomin' bllo auto to pay too ..

adieu birthday money ..
I recommend one of Pecora's lunch time coffees might not help but it will make you feel better
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I recommend one of Pecora's lunch time coffees might not help but it will make you feel better
cracking idea

+ =
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Everyone is always welcome.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Neptun has a spectacular aura aboutNeptun has a spectacular aura aboutNeptun has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Neptun
COMMISSION DECISION of 25 August 2008
on equivalences between categories of driving licences

Here is the new version:
COMMISSION DECISION of 18 December 2012 on equivalences between categories of driving licences
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scozzese
It's valid - your driving license expires after 10 years under the new EU regs, so if you were in the UK you would need it renewed anyway. That's why I had to renew mine, I got the license in 2002, it expired August 2012 (10 years) and I could have either tried to get the DVLA to renew (they told me over the phone they wouldn't) or converted and renewed at the same time in Italy. I chose the second option, although it was a nightmare - officially it takes 20 days for the new license to come through... it took 120 days and several renewals of my "permesso di circolazione" to actually get it!
Scozzese, just wandering, did you have to have the pictures signed by the comune as they told OH in the local ACI office?
Also, did they take your UK licence when you applied ?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Scozzese is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I didn't get my pictures signed but as the guy that actually did the procedure for me (a friend who owns a driving school) is also a Consigliere Comunale it is perhaps the case that he signed the pictures - I'm not sure, I'll have to ask. I doubt it, I've never heard that rule mentioned anywhere.

They took my British driving license and gave me a permesso di circolazione, but they only took the photocard and not the paper counterpart - keep hold of this, you never know when it might come in handy!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Just for the record the cost of having your licence "confirmed" for another 10 years is € 78.00, including the "visita" and marca da bollo etc.

For the new 'credit card' type it's an extra € 50.00 - I applied for one in the end. Two photos required.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Under the new laws of 13 Jan 2013 - your UK (EU) licence is valid till it expires but if you are resident in Italy your renewal must be in Italy, and will be valid for 10 years if you are under 50, 5 years if your are between 50 and 70.
Should be simple ---- lets see in practise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.