Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Wikiposts

Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Old May 23rd 2013, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swapping UK driving Licence to Italian

Well, the saga never ends.
ACI office told OH this morning that it will be another 2 months before he gets his licence.
Fuc...., our holidays are not happening. He should have gone to the UK and renewed there, sod the crap here. I am livid beyond words.

Someone told him to go and try and get an International licence, so he will try on Monday.

Now I should go and seat in the 'sunshine', eat good lunch and have a glass of wine, because this is the only thing that is good here.

Last edited by Isakat; May 23rd 2013 at 11:22 pm.
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Isakat
ACI office told OH this morning that it will be another 2 months before he gets his licence.
Fuc...., our holidays are not happening. He should have gone to the UK and renewed there, sod the crap here. I am livid beyond words.

Someone told him to go and try and get an International licence, so he will try on Monday.

Now I should go and seat in the 'sunshine', eat good lunch and have a glass of wine, because this is the only thing that is good here.
It is the usual Italian madness

I have had an e mail from Mr Cretino at our ACI, he said the DVLC UK have confirmed that I exist and that I do hold a current UK Licence. It has took 2 months for this to be established.

I thanked Mr Cretino for his E Mail and said I was glad that I did exist and that I wasn't in fact a figment of my own imagination.

I also asked him how long before my Italian licence arrives.

Answer.... When it arrives, it arrives.
Old May 24th 2013, 1:19 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with that one! Don't suppose he has a paper one?

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
It is the usual Italian madness

I have had an e mail from Mr Cretino at our ACI, he said the DVLC UK have confirmed that I exist and that I do hold a current UK Licence. It has took 2 months for this to be established.

I thanked Mr Cretino for his E Mail and said I was glad that I did exist and that I wasn't in fact a figment of my own imagination.

I also asked him how long before my Italian licence arrives.

Answer.... When it arrives, it arrives.
Yeah!! Pecora exists!!
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Waahay!!! Mr Cretino gave me my Italian licence yesterday

I started the process in March 2013.

It took
1 medical
10 visits to the Italian office (they now have 10 photocopies of my passport, licence etc)
5 Emails to the Italian office
6 phones calls to DVLA
4 nice e mails to DVLA
2 snotty e mails to DVLA
1 letter to the Chief Exec of DVLA

120 Eurines and 8 months

I have been stopped by the Italian police and shown them umpteen different e mails and photocopies stating why I have no licence but can drive in Italy.

Now that I have the licence I can drive in Italy without using indicators or stopping at Zebra crossings

And for the next challenge, Italian citizenship
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Waahay!!! Mr Cretino gave me my Italian licence yesterday

I started the process in March 2013.

It took
1 medical
10 visits to the Italian office (they now have 10 photocopies of my passport, licence etc)
5 Emails to the Italian office
6 phones calls to DVLA
4 nice e mails to DVLA
2 snotty e mails to DVLA
1 letter to the Chief Exec of DVLA

120 Eurines and 8 months

I have been stopped by the Italian police and shown them umpteen different e mails and photocopies stating why I have no licence but can drive in Italy.

Now that I have the licence I can drive in Italy without using indicators or stopping at Zebra crossings

And for the next challenge, Italian citizenship
AUGURIIII!!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

AUGURIIII!!!!!
Thank you, I have also just finished my antibiotics , please excuse me while I go and find the wine.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! Why was it so difficult? Couldn't you just fill in a form?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Well done! Why was it so difficult? Couldn't you just fill in a form?
Every time I went to the office they took a photocopy of my passport and UK driving licence. When he gave me a copy of my new Italian licence.... he took a photo copy
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Pecora

don't know if I'd go down the citizenship road though - how many years were you thinking of banging your head against a wall..........
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Good news Pecora

don't know if I'd go down the citizenship road though - how many years were you thinking of banging your head against a wall..........

I haven't met one person who thinks it is a good idea. But it is either that or some other hobby like ... train spotting or stamp collecting
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't met one person who thinks it is a good idea. But it is either that or some other hobby like ... train spotting or stamp collecting
Masochist ?' ....and Fred spent the evening sorting his cornflake collection'
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Like all of them do, then !?