Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Stranded in Aulla for few days

Stranded in Aulla for few days

Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice
Default Stranded in Aulla for few days

Hi!

I was on my way from Bulgaria to France (tend to spend 6 months in each) by car with the 3 dogs when the car blew up just at turning off to Aulla. It is fixable (so i have been told and am praying) but going to cost more than car worth (have little choice given circumstances) and take at least 4 days. So I am stuck in hotel room (hotel Deni?) with 3 unruly dogs for few days. Found local DVD rental place and got internet and some work to do but still wondered if anyone around who would like to meet for coffee. I am thinking of going to La Spezia and surrounding villages by train one day. Have cages for dogs so they can be left for a few hours. There was a thread about the odd expat living in Aulla and wondered if still about as thread was a year old and locked. Would be nice to at least enjoy my stay here as it is costimg ne arm and a leg.

Rachel
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:59 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stranded in Aulla for few days

I'm nowhere near you. Just want to commiserate! Sounds like you are taking it philosophically - not sure I would! If you can get to Genova that is worth a trip! One lady is in La Spezia but she doesn't come on much. Let us know what happens with your car! Worst ways a train goes direct to Nice from Genova. I'm guessing you must be heading somewhere specific in France?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear of your predicament. We had a similar situation when our car had problems in Germany. We were told that it wouldn't make it to Italy so we ended up having to buy a car, which really ate into our savings. I took a chance and drove our UK car into Italy while she drove the German car. It was funny because she had planned for us both to drive through the 'Romantic Route' in Germany. Well we did the route but in seperate cars
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice

Thanks for replies. Trying to make most of things. Today went to Cinque Terra with one dog by train and had a good day and worth seeing. Maybe not worth 3000 E but as I am here!!!

Just saw on an old locked thread there was some expats living in Aulla and would have been nice to meet.