Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Turning the other cheek

Turning the other cheek

Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:04 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Turning the other cheek

Right, need some comments here. As you may, or may not know I was banned from another forum for a minor indiscretion (writing my name larger than needed to which I added a smilie face to show I was joking) now I have let it go unchallenged....but should I. Cos, it's getting to me because of the unfairness of it all. What der ya fink
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turning the other cheek

Originally Posted by ernesto
Right, need some comments here. As you may, or may not know I was banned from another forum for a minor indiscretion (writing my name larger than needed to which I added a smilie face to show I was joking) now I have let it go unchallenged....but should I. Cos, it's getting to me because of the unfairness of it all. What der ya fink
If it's bothering you then give 'em hell for being so mean minded and petty !
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I agree with Lorna, especially as it's still eating away at you. Did you like the other forum apart from that? If so challenge them! I have to admit that this is one of two forums that I actively contribute to. The other is a forum in the UK on natural living and all things green. I might start on some others but if they are not friendly or you meet many of those mean-minded individuals who are petty (I have seen it here too on other countries where some people actually quote your post back at you to make you feel small and like you were saying something that you may not have been) and really I don't want to be mixing with. Also sometimes your whole post is criticised cos there is a ream of complicated rules that you cannot help but violate and I haven't got time to read through them all for a start!! Anyway, the reason I like it here is that it's friendly and supportive but there is also humour and noone really says anything to make themselves look better at your expense. I feel that much of this is down to Lorna as mod and a firm core of regulars who may sometimes differ in opinion but always do so with humour and without nastiness. The other forum is the same. We hardly ever let a post go without a comment and the mods are approachable too and listen to what you have to say.... oh and we go off topic a lot but have a laugh. That is what these things should be about to some extent as long as the peeps who need info get their info.

So what I am saying really is, after all that, if it's worth it challenge then. If it wasn't a nice place to be, move on to pastures greenerxxx
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:02 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get a warning before being banned?

An out and out ban seems way over the top.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:12 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Thanks guys. I really like this forum. It's as you say Indie, supportive and helpful and I also think it's down to Lorna....I suppose I'm miffed at the injustice of it all. Maybe I'm peeeeeed of cos it might be that I'm not welcome cos I'm not bright enough (sob), not cultured enough (sob), or my face don't fit. Still, I wasn't warned just banned....You might be right..who needs them when we got this place.
Oh & the facility to write your name large if you wanted is supplied by all the forums( as above) and in the rules no where have I read that you can't do it....Yeh, I know I got it bad...leave it alone Ernesto eh?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

if it's really getting to you write an email. I find it very cathartic sometimes to write a ranty email, hit send and then I feel like I've dealt with it to a certain extent. I often let these things go over and over in my head too, feeling worse and worse but once I get it out on a page somewhere I feel better -it's 'out there'. They can't ban you again can they??
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:25 am

Thanks guys. I really like this forum. It's as you say Indie, supportive and helpful and I also think it's down to Lorna....I suppose I'm miffed at the injustice of it all. Maybe I'm peeeeeed of cos it might be that I'm not welcome cos I'm not bright enough (sob), not cultured enough (sob), or my face don't fit. Still, I wasn't warned just banned....You might be right..who needs them when we got this place.
Oh & the facility to write your name large if you wanted is supplied by all the forums( as above) and in the rules no where have I read that you can't do it....Yeh, I know I got it bad...leave it alone Ernesto eh?
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys but it's nothing to do with me or my being a moderator here.

I have very little moderating to do as the members here are nice and friendly and I'm here for the chat and the laughs more than for anything else - and I'll help with advice where and if I can. The only moderating I've ever had to really do here is getting rid of spam or unsolicited advertising. I don't have to admonish any of the regulars for overuse of bad language, naughty photos or sneaky advertising or bitchy over the top comments or breaking the rules.

It's a nice place to be and it's nice to feel as if you "know" the regular posters.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys but it's nothing to do with me or my being a moderator here.

I have very little moderating to do as the members here are nice and friendly and I'm here for the chat and the laughs more than for anything else - and I'll help with advice where and if I can. The only moderating I've ever had to really do here is getting rid of spam or unsolicited advertising. I don't have to admonish any of the regulars for overuse of bad language, naughty photos or sneaky advertising or bitchy over the top comments or breaking the rules.

It's a nice place to be and it's nice to feel as if you "know" the regular posters.
yeah, but moderating is as much about being part of it all and nice mods normally attract nice contributers imho.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Ernesto.....GO GIVE THEM HELL.....
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I agree with the others. If its bothering you then let them know that you think you have unfairly treated. What's the worst they can do? Ban you?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:05 am

You're trigger happy with the smilies today

Have a good weekend.

Don't forget everybody that the clocks go back tonight
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:29 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I knew which forum you're on about. I'll have to ask Indiebird next time I see her.
Personally, I'd just let this go. Because it's a lose, lose situation here. It's in the rules, so they can ban you and I doubt that they'll even reply to your email. You could end up even more frustrated.
Why does this sight work? Well, at least our part. Because we are all tolerant of each other's opinions, except for the odd visitor who never lasts long. Because we aviod religion and politics, except for the odd dig. And because we've got Duffer.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I understand you Ernesto cos I left another forum cos of the snide remarks and general pettiness. This is by far the best forum - the friendliest and most helpful and although I've never met personally any of the others, I always feel that they're here if I need to let off steam or ask advice. In other words "a really nice bunch" Sometimes living in another country can be hard and it just cheers me up some days to come on and have a read and a laugh. I think Lorna is an extremely good & tolerant moderator but she's also one of us (that makes a difference) - some of the other forums have people who, once they become a moderator change overnight into mini hitlers
Maybe Indies right - a email to air your grievances and you may feel better?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by 37100
Wish I knew which forum you're on about. I'll have to ask Indiebird next time I see her.
Personally, I'd just let this go. Because it's a lose, lose situation here. It's in the rules, so they can ban you and I doubt that they'll even reply to your email. You could end up even more frustrated.
Why does this sight work? Well, at least our part. Because we are all tolerant of each other's opinions, except for the odd visitor who never lasts long. Because we aviod religion and politics, except for the odd dig. And because we've got Duffer.
Didn't he say he couldn't see anything about it in the rules?

I still think a little warning would have avoided all this though. It seems ridiculous to me.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Patty
I understand you Ernesto cos I left another forum cos of the snide remarks and general pettiness. This is by far the best forum - the friendliest and most helpful and although I've never met personally any of the others, I always feel that they're here if I need to let off steam or ask advice. In other words "a really nice bunch" Sometimes living in another country can be hard and it just cheers me up some days to come on and have a read and a laugh. I think Lorna is an extremely good & tolerant moderator but she's also one of us (that makes a difference) - some of the other forums have people who, once they become a moderator change overnight into mini hitlers
Maybe Indies right - a email to air your grievances and you may feel better?
I'm not a good and tolerant moderator. I don't have to be harsh coz you lot don't break the rules or start up a bitch fest. Avoiding in depth discussions or rows about politics and religion like 37100 mentioned might help. It's nice to get on with the day to day stuff of life here and I personally don't give a hoot as to what others believe in ....... as long as they don't shove it down my face.
As for being one of you lot just joking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.