Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

Old May 15th 2014, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

I had my first baby in Milan and one day I was out walking with the pushchair - as it was drizzling I had the plastic rain cover over it. An old lady came and gave me an earful about how I was suffocating the poor baby and to take off the cover immediately
Old May 15th 2014, 1:26 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
I had my first baby in Milan and one day I was out walking with the pushchair - as it was drizzling I had the plastic rain cover over it. An old lady came and gave me an earful about how I was suffocating the poor baby and to take off the cover immediately
Congratulations on your first born and did you punch the old biddy in the face?
Old May 15th 2014, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I shouldve mentioned Duffer that first baby is now 28
Old May 16th 2014, 6:16 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Duffer do keep up
Old May 19th 2014, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
although not to the extend of wearing a duvet( Italian padded coats).
Yes, those things - I have a dim dim memory that they may have been a fashion (as in look pretty daft) in Britain for a pretty short time eons ago. But they just seem to go on and on in Italy. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone wearing one in the deep south in May.

Or maybe they are some sort of sweatbox slimming system.

Health and, er, awareness of it is a massive subject in Italy.

What about the bleedin' liver obsession?

The Roman empire remains a mystery to me - the only possible clue I've ever found for the inexplicable straying so far from home/the sun and the best food in the world was in the Brit Lake District - I seem to remember that a particularly impressive hill fortress was staffed mainly by folks from other bits of the empire.

I find it hard to believe to be honest that Italians are that different and though I'm an atheist the human body strikes me as a pretty amazing tough and extremely adaptable thing - I can only conclude that this apparent "delicacy" of so many Italians is the result of mental conditioning from an extremely early age - anyone got any stats on births in particular months? - I can imagine a fair few Italian imminent newborns just refusing to come out on certain days - "I don't care what the books say, I'm not coming out before June"

Last edited by sunnysider; May 19th 2014 at 6:12 am.
Old May 19th 2014, 8:05 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

They grow up so quickly don't they!
Old May 19th 2014, 11:43 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider
Yes, those things - I have a dim dim memory that they may have been a fashion (as in look pretty daft) in Britain for a pretty short time eons ago. But they just seem to go on and on in Italy. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone wearing one in the deep south in May.

Or maybe they are some sort of sweatbox slimming system.

Health and, er, awareness of it is a massive subject in Italy.

What about the bleedin' liver obsession?

The Roman empire remains a mystery to me - the only possible clue I've ever found for the inexplicable straying so far from home/the sun and the best food in the world was in the Brit Lake District - I seem to remember that a particularly impressive hill fortress was staffed mainly by folks from other bits of the empire.

I find it hard to believe to be honest that Italians are that different and though I'm an atheist the human body strikes me as a pretty amazing tough and extremely adaptable thing - I can only conclude that this apparent "delicacy" of so many Italians is the result of mental conditioning from an extremely early age - anyone got any stats on births in particular months? - I can imagine a fair few Italian imminent newborns just refusing to come out on certain days - "I don't care what the books say, I'm not coming out before June"
One of mine was born in May. The local hospital was heaving with new mothers and babies when I went to visit so I chose a smaller, quieter hospital. The Dr reckoned that May is a very busy baby month as we're all having sex on holiday in August.