Reload this Page >

Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

Old May 12th 2014, 12:03 am
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

MAY 2014

I have just come back from deepest spain where the temp is 27 degrees to Italy... and everyone seems despite the new increases in temp here in italy TO AROUND 25-26 DEGREES seem to be wearing jumpers, coats and even on a real high humidity day, I see no difference...

I am drinking a litre of water if not more daily and yet these people seem to be running around with cardigans, coats and warm clothing.... my wife is Italian and even she feels the hit from returning from Spain.

What is going on !
Old May 12th 2014, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soffro di cervicale / colpo d'aria

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
MAY 2014

I have just come back from deepest spain where the temp is 27 degrees to Italy... and everyone seems despite the new increases in temp here in italy TO AROUND 25-26 DEGREES seem to be wearing jumpers, coats and even on a real high humidity day, I see no difference...

I am drinking a litre of water if not more daily and yet these people seem to be running around with cardigans, coats and warm clothing.... my wife is Italian and even she feels the hit from returning from Spain.

What is going on !
Ne'er cast a clout till May is out! even in deepest S.Italy :-)
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old May 12th 2014, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

May be we Italians have a different adaptation to cold and warm temperatures. I can stand hot temperatures in July without air conditioning, while I suffer the cold very much. When I was in Scotland, years ago, I could not understand how was it possible that people went out with a just a thin jacket on, while I was freezing. Here I look at the people from the north, who cannot stand the temperatures that we have in May, and I figure out what do they feel in July.....

about the title of the post: are you referring to an article about the "cervicale" written by a British journalist in Italy some year ago?

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
MAY 2014

What is going on !
Old May 12th 2014, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,here in the deep south it can be 25deg anytime of year,i remember in march we were sunbathing in our cosys in back garden when a bunch of locals in their arctic gear walked past our neighbours gate,stopped and peered in like the bisto kids,cheers brian.
Old May 12th 2014, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

The rudest I have ever knowingly (and deliberately) been to a complete stranger was some 18 years ago in Liguria: My son was in his pushchair, and it was about 22ºC in the shade; and – horror of all horrors – he wasn't wearing socks!! A passer-by stopped, and stood and stared at my son, and then had the audacity to berate me: "That child should be wearing socks" she scolded! This got my goat 'big time', and I replied: "Madam – when I require your advice I should ask for it; but until such time I should ask you respectfully to keep such unsolicited comments to yourself." … And then added "… And besides, where I come from no-one ever died of a 'colpo d'aria'!" 'Maleducatissimo' I do realize; but it felt jolly cathartic at the time – and I'm proud to say that my son has grown up to be a strapping young man despite sometimes having gone 'scalzo' as a toddler on the occasional glorious spring day!
Old May 13th 2014, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Italy is further east than Spain and spring seems to come slightly later. I have often found that in April temperatures even in Sicily may be very close or lower than those in France or even the UK. It is hot in the sun but as soon as the sun goes you can feel cold. This spring has been quite cool here for instance. Then there is the fact that you change altitude a lot. The other day it was about 21 in Siracuse and we went up to eat in Palazzolo (800 m) where the temperature fell to about 10 and with the humidity we all felt frozen.
Old May 13th 2014, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Nick, we're in Africa - the Sahara is 40 degrees in teh daytime and below freezing at night.... but having said that spring is very late this year, though seems finally to have arrived.
Old May 13th 2014, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao newcomo, forgot to add that drinking a litre and a half of water a day is very bad for you. It will rust your innards in no time.
bye bye dicette l'inglese.
Old May 13th 2014, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pinco Pallino
The rudest I have ever knowingly (and deliberately) been to a complete stranger was some 18 years ago in Liguria: My son was in his pushchair, and it was about 22ºC in the shade; and – horror of all horrors – he wasn't wearing socks!! A passer-by stopped, and stood and stared at my son, and then had the audacity to berate me: "That child should be wearing socks" she scolded! This got my goat 'big time', and I replied: "Madam – when I require your advice I should ask for it; but until such time I should ask you respectfully to keep such unsolicited comments to yourself." … And then added "… And besides, where I come from no-one ever died of a 'colpo d'aria'!" 'Maleducatissimo' I do realize; but it felt jolly cathartic at the time – and I'm proud to say that my son has grown up to be a strapping young man despite sometimes having gone 'scalzo' as a toddler on the occasional glorious spring day!
Ah yes, I got that all the time with my daughter, born in August. They'd reel me in with "oh what a beautiful baby" then add, "but isn't she cold?" No she's not cold, it's August and 35 degrees!
Old May 13th 2014, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of my mother in law , horrified by the fact that her new grand daughter wasn't wearing a vest .. in august .. it was 40 degrees in parma and humid with it . She kept buying me socks for her too ....
Old May 13th 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Ciao newcomo, forgot to add that drinking a litre and a half of water a day is very bad for you. It will rust your innards in no time.
bye bye dicette l'inglese.
water is just for the spalla ive been told many a time , i think an italian could last without water as long as a camel in the desert they never seem to drink it
Old May 13th 2014, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I had the same. A nice old lady told me in the park that DD needed a blanket over her, in full spring sunshine.
Having said that, both DD and DS have inherited their father's gene. No socks all winter on cold marble floors and thin short sleeve school shirts all winter.
They both said the long sleeves were bothering them, so I had to cut them off.
I need my jumper in winter and coat, although not to the extend of wearing a duvet( Italian padded coats).
Old May 13th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
Yep, I had the same. A nice old lady told me in the park that DD needed a blanket over her, in full spring sunshine.
Having said that, both DD and DS have inherited their father's gene. No socks all winter on cold marble floors and thin short sleeve school shirts all winter.
They both said the long sleeves were bothering them, so I had to cut them off.
I need my jumper in winter and coat, although not to the extend of wearing a duvet( Italian padded coats).
Yep – I hold my hands up to having double standards: I'm the first to criticize the 'Parioli Ladies' who put their 'naftalina' impregnated fur coats back in their 'guardaroba quattro stagioni' according to the calendar and not the average daytime temperature – whilst sniggering at the lasses wearing next to nothing on a night out in Whitley Bay when it's 2ºC, stottin' wi' rain – blowing a gale off the North Sea with a wind chill factor of -11ºC!
Old May 13th 2014, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep – I hold my hands up to having double standards: I'm the first to criticize the 'Parioli Ladies' who put their 'naftalina' impregnated fur coats back in their 'guardaroba quattro stagioni' according to the calendar and not the average daytime temperature – whilst sniggering at the lasses wearing next to nothing on a night out in Whitley Bay when it's 2ºC, stottin' wi' rain – blowing a gale off the North Sea with a wind chill factor of -11ºC!

Character building
Old May 14th 2014, 4:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've been poorly (bloody kids bringing home gastric flu), but having a quiet five minutes and chuckling to myself. I've heard it all, no socks, no hat, no scarf, winter coat not padded enough, marble cold floors, dirty plant pots, no gloves, c'è aria oggi Signora, close the windows, air conditioning kills (I don't even have it), eggs are bad, give minestrina instead. The Whole Works.

Sounds bloody ironic now, but my kids are hardly ever sick. I checked their school absence books and they've missed a few days this year and the year is nearly over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.