smoking

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

bermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nice
Default smoking

Have they banned smoking in restaurants in Italy - anyone know??
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: smoking

Yes they have - thank goodness!! Sorry if you are a smoker but it is a pet-hate of mine... In some restaurants, they have a marquee type thing attached to the building which has to be totally separate. I believe that all the bars and cafes as well as restaurants are non-smoking now.... Hooray!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

bermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah Clarke
Yes they have - thank goodness!! Sorry if you are a smoker but it is a pet-hate of mine... In some restaurants, they have a marquee type thing attached to the building which has to be totally separate. I believe that all the bars and cafes as well as restaurants are non-smoking now.... Hooray!
Excellent news, thanks for the reply. Time to reconsider Italy then. We have just about given up on Portugal, as much as we like it. The smoking is unbelievably bad. Just got to find the warmest part of Italy now!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bermudaby
Excellent news, thanks for the reply. Time to reconsider Italy then. We have just about given up on Portugal, as much as we like it. The smoking is unbelievably bad. Just got to find the warmest part of Italy now!
yep, everywhere is non-smoking. Can't bloomin' puff anywhere.

No, I like the non-smoking in restaurants.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Smoking is not allowed in any public buildings here, so that includes restaurants, bars, shopping centres etc. It is soooo nice to not come home stinking of smoke after going out.
It is funny that even though smoking seems much more common here than in the UK I have not heard anyone complain about not being able to smoke in certain places. It just seems to be the accepted thing (and probably one of the only laws that Italians actually abide by!)
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Smoking is not allowed in any public buildings here, so that includes restaurants, bars, shopping centres etc. It is soooo nice to not come home stinking of smoke after going out.
It is funny that even though smoking seems much more common here than in the UK I have not heard anyone complain about not being able to smoke in certain places. It just seems to be the accepted thing (and probably one of the only laws that Italians actually abide by!)
Many thanks for the replies re smoking - next question, where is the warmest part of Italy!! We don't want to be isolated in the countryside. We would prefer to be in reach of a good size town with restaurants etc. Planning a visit in April probably.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Napoli, Palermo or Cagliari - in my opinion