Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Sky Italia through Alice Home TV

Sky Italia through Alice Home TV

Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

PaulParma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Italia through Alice Home TV

We would like to get Sky Italia but our apartment block has no communal roof dish, our apartment faces the wrong direction to have a dish on the balcony, and it's proving impossible to have our own on the roof as there's an issue with running cables down the outside of the block and after discussion with some antenistas and the building administrators the existing aerial pipes are not wide enough for any additional cables.

Anyway it seems our only option is to get Sky Italia on Alice Home TV through the phone line. But, we have had conflicting information about being able to convert programs to original language. On the Alice website it says you can watch programs in original language (English) but when an Italian colleague called Alice to double check they said it doesn't work because 'there is insufficient bandwidth'. I wondered if anyone has Sky Italia via Alice and if you can convert to original laguage ?

We believe this is our only way of getting any English speaking TV and am praying that it will work because to face another winter with only Italian terrestrial TV and DVD's is enough to put us on the next Ryanair flight home.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:21 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Italia through Alice Home TV

I have it but you do need to be able to support the Alice 20mg broadband. If you can't get that then I suspect what you have been told is true. The facility is there to change language but I don't subscribe to SKY thru it already having a dish so I haven't used it as the option doesn't work with the channels not in the sky package.

Tbh I watch alot of progs on Corny.com as do many here. Check it out, maybe it will save your life!