Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

April in Florence???

April in Florence???

Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:57 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default April in Florence???

Hi chaps - just forward planning for my Italian break next year - what's April like in Florence - weather, atmosphere i.e are most things open, busy/not busy - my preference is to go end of May but we may have to go mid April instead and just wondered how this would compare.

Hopefully testa will be along soon!!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April in Florence???

Lol! it's the busiest time of year because of Easter weekend - check 2006 on my blog or google Easter in Florence. It can be wet but should be warming up for summer so 20+. everything will be open and it's the start of summer timetables for most shops, museums etc. Now is the best time to come but Easter is good too!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Is there a time when Florence isn't packed with tourists?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:43 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

January and February cos it's #*#!!? freezing! and wet, really, really wet! November quietens too. August just feels quiet cos the Florentines have fled!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
January and February cos it's #*#!!? freezing! and wet, really, really wet! November quietens too. August just feels quiet cos the Florentines have fled!
Jan, Feb and November are on my calendar as months to come vist Flo! Not August ... Too hot.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:14 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! Check the weather with me before you come!

Weren't you over recently anyway?! How was it?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! it's the busiest time of year because of Easter weekend - check 2006 on my blog or google Easter in Florence. It can be wet but should be warming up for summer so 20+. everything will be open and it's the start of summer timetables for most shops, museums etc. Now is the best time to come but Easter is good too!
Thanks for the info - so given the choice would you say end of May is more preferable to mid april?? Just trying to weigh up everything including costs of flights!! I guess the weather will be more guaranteed by end of May but still not too hot?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:18 am
The Original Red Head!

As good as any time! It will be really busy - when is Easter this year? A week before is normally quieter! This year may was really hot way into the 20's but summer was 40 pretty much the whole time. My sister came two weeks before Easter and the weather was dry and it wasn't horrendously busy.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:43 am
Grace and gratitude

As good as any time! It will be really busy - when is Easter this year? A week before is normally quieter! This year may was really hot way into the 20's but summer was 40 pretty much the whole time. My sister came two weeks before Easter and the weather was dry and it wasn't horrendously busy.
I think Easter Sunday is 4th April - way into the 20's suits me perfectly - will have to see if i can juggle things around and come in May - thanks for your help!

Didn't realise you had such hot summers in Florence - when we were last there I think it was first week in September and it was 25-30 which is just right for me - I used to hate those 40 degree days when we lived in Oz - hope it's cooled down for you now!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:53 am
The Original Red Head!

Even the Florentines said this year was hot! Normally around 30's and up until last few days September and October have been high 20's except for one week of rain. Rain is back today, but don't know for how long. It is really unpredictable at the moment! Yesterday we were in skirts and short sleeves, today jeans and long sleeves!!