Reload this Page >

Sky Italia for English speakers

Sky Italia for English speakers

Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

portia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Italia for English speakers

Hi
Have had a telephone call from Sky Italia offering me a package of 50 chanels in English. Apparently the usual 3 month cheap trial.
Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks Portia
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sky Italia for English speakers

I think that I had the same phone call. I was spoken to in English and as they called at dinner time I said no thanks and put the phone down. Tbh I thought that an Indian call centre had got my details and were trying to sell to me as if I was in the UK. I've never had any patience with cold calling.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:55 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I think that I had the same phone call. I was spoken to in English and as they called at dinner time I said no thanks and put the phone down. Tbh I thought that an Indian call centre had got my details and were trying to sell to me as if I was in the UK. I've never had any patience with cold calling.
I haven't counted, but I guess there are 50 channels on Sky that can be watched in English. All the movies where the original language is English, Fox, Discovery, some sports, Disney - with all their sub channels it probably adds up to this number. Sounds like some clever marketing is going on.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:04 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I got my Sky package about 3 years ago now.

I kept getting phone calls that were all in Italian though and English channels or any number of them were never mentioned.

I eventually gave in because I couldn't stand Italian tv anymore and my package came with a free dish - free sky box and free installation - and free sky movies and sport for 1 or 2 months.