Self Employed British Writer Wanting To Relocate To Italy

Self Employed British Writer Wanting To Relocate To Italy

Old Nov 21st 2019, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Teree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Self Employed British Writer Wanting To Relocate To Italy

Originally Posted by Teree
Hello

I am new to the British Expats forum. And would like insight of the path to take. I am a self employed Writer living in London, England. And planning to relocate to Italy, with the view of purchasing a home there, and working remotely in Italy with clients in the UK.

With the view of seeking permanent residency there.

I would like advice on how I start the process whether to rent temporarily in Italy, and how to start the process?

Thank you all for providing invaluable information.

I have now booked my flight to Sicily to stay in the commence of Taormina for three months. Myself and my baby boy will be staying at an Airbnb for the duration of the three months.

Thank you for the recommendation of an Accountant she has been amazing with providing information.

I have applied for my Codice Fascale although they have responded twice and mentioned the quality of my proof of address was not suitable. I am wondering if I could apply for it via the Italian Embassy in London. As I applied online. I’ve sent another copy of the document online. Fingers cross this will go through okay.

Once in Italy I will commence looking for a rental accommodation. The idealista website has so many available I am confident that stage will be reasonably easy. Thanks again for your recommendation of the website.

We leave on the 3rd of December.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teree

Thank you all for providing invaluable information.

I have now booked my flight to Sicily to stay in the commence of Taormina for three months. Myself and my baby boy will be staying at an Airbnb for the duration of the three months.

Thank you for the recommendation of an Accountant she has been amazing with providing information.

I have applied for my Codice Fascale although they have responded twice and mentioned the quality of my proof of address was not suitable. I am wondering if I could apply for it via the Italian Embassy in London. As I applied online. I’ve sent another copy of the document online. Fingers cross this will go through okay.

Once in Italy I will commence looking for a rental accommodation. The idealista website has so many available I am confident that stage will be reasonably easy. Thanks again for your recommendation of the website.

We leave on the 3rd of December.
Quite exciting.. Obviously you wont be seeing it at it's best in the winter, but that'll be more or less over by March and all the spring flowers will be coming out. The winter in general isn't anywhere near as bad as the winter in England anyway and is much shorter - although it can have it's moments. You should expect a fair few days of pleasant sunshine to help you through the winter too. I remember the winter I spent in Puglia, more days of sunshine than bad weather, a little bit of deep snow in December which lasted only a few days, and a lovely sunny January with average daytime temp around 15 degrees. February was the worst month with lots of wind and rain but the almond trees were all in blossom and still way more pleasant than the weather in England.

Last edited by Jake.White; Nov 21st 2019 at 7:08 am.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jake.White
Quite exciting.. Obviously you wont be seeing it at it's best in the winter, but that'll be more or less over by March and all the spring flowers will be coming out. The winter in general isn't anywhere near as bad as the winter in England anyway and is much shorter - although it can have it's moments. You should expect a fair few days of pleasant sunshine to help you through the winter too. I remember the winter I spent in Puglia, more days of sunshine than bad weather, a little bit of deep snow in December which lasted only a few days, and a lovely sunny January with average daytime temp around 15 degrees. February was the worst month with lots of wind and rain but the almond trees were all in blossom and still way more pleasant than the weather in England.
I will happily embrace the different elements of weather we are faced with. I am beyond happy to be leaving South East London with its progressively worsening crime rates.

Just yesterday there was a car smashed into a parking car, where it’s seen an angry person smashed all the windows. First time I have viewed such an incident on my road in all 37 years of being here.

So embracing nature will be a walk in the park, and a welcomed different challenge.

The move is motivated by the wanting of a peaceful environment for my 10 month son to grow up in.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well for you both, enjoy, and do let us know how things are if you get time.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Hope all goes well for you both, enjoy, and do let us know how things are if you get time.
Absolutely. Thank you.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Just received my Codice Fascal by email.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

I am planning to travel to Sicily onTuesday. And have planned to stay at an Airbnb for 12 weeks. During that time I plan to find a property to rent then go the local commune to applying for an extended stay.

Is this a realistic plan.

As I understand I would have had to have lived in Italy for 5 years to apply for residency.

Is there an option to apply to extend stay for 6 month plus segments for example.

Would just like more information on options available.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

This is the official police website page for EU citizens (in English). Note, I would ensure the owner of any rental is happy for you to apply for residency using their rental address, many may not be.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Residency and citizenship are two different things. If you are staying more than 90 days you must apply for residency - you will need an address (rental with contract), health insurance for you and your son, show you have the means to support yourself while in Italy etc. After 4 years as an EU national you can apply for citizenship. As a non EU national it is 10 years.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modicasa
Residency and citizenship are two different things. If you are staying more than 90 days you must apply for residency - you will need an address (rental with contract), health insurance for you and your son, show you have the means to support yourself while in Italy etc. After 4 years as an EU national you can apply for citizenship. As a non EU national it is 10 years.
Brilliant. Thank you for clarifying. The information provided confirms that my plans are on the right track. Just using the wrong terminology. Do I apply for residency as soon as I arrive or can I do so as long as it is within the 12 weeks?
Old Dec 29th 2019, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

After the end of January are British Citizens resident in Italy counted as comunitari or extracomunitari or are we comunitari until the end of the transition period?
Old Dec 29th 2019, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

You will need an address before you apply for residency and an airbnb wont do - you will need a registered rental contract.
Technically you are EU citizens till December 2020 unless Cummings decides to chuck it all up in the air....
Old Dec 29th 2019, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

You will need an address before you apply for residency and an airbnb wont do - you will need a registered rental contract.
Technically you are EU citizens till December 2020 unless Cummings decides to chuck it all up in the air....
Absolutely. I understand I am choosing to stay at an Airbnb whilst I look for a long term accommodation
Old Dec 30th 2019, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the EU first have to agree to the unilaterally modified WA? before we know we have time till 2020?
No deal is still a possiility I believe. A bit more remote than before but not off the table yet.
Old Dec 30th 2019, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Only by a 72% majority and as they have already provided their negotiator to agree a deal, it is hardly likely not to have 100%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.