Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Ok , so now I am really p***ed off with Italian English teachers. My son got an eight in English in his "pagellino" now that the teacher has found out that I am English she has lowered his mark down to a 6!!!! She is going to have a good telling off , in English this time
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Giodafa - that is so wrong. If he got an 8 then it should be an 8 regardless of the fact that you are English. It makes me soooo mad My son was always told he couldnt have 10 in English cos it wasnt fair and yet some of the others (teachers pets ) were given 10 !!!!! My son is totally bilingual and so I find it unfair that he is judged on the fact his mum is English - that has NOTHING to do with it. Rant over.....nighty
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

I'm so angry, my son isn't bilingual (my fault) he is just good in English. I think his teacher thinks I do his homework like alot of parents here do.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

WTF??? Why??? Surely you speak English at home don't you so how can his English be bad? My son once got an 8 due to behaviour issues but I did point out that maybe his behaviour was bad because he didn't need 'teaching' by someone who told him his accent was 'wrong' (she didn't understand him! -cos her English is bad) and that obviously he already knew what she was trying to teach him as we speak English at home... he got 10s as standard after that. Especially when I found out that they gave an Italian boy a 9 who could no more have a conversation with me than she could!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by giodafa
I'm so angry, my son isn't bilingual (my fault) he is just good in English. I think his teacher thinks I do his homework like alot of parents here do.
I've had this in the past too.... Really annoying cos most English parents wouldn't dream of doing their kid's homework!!!!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

I really don't care about what mark she gives him, I just don't want him being penalised for something that has nothing to do with him! If he deserves a six ok, but how can he go from an eight to a six in two months? If there's a problem she should ask to speak to me (from now on in English and she will also be given a mark) So either my son's in trouble or she is
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I really don't care about what mark she gives him, I just don't want him being penalised for something that has nothing to do with him! If he deserves a six ok, but how can he go from an eight to a six in two months? If there's a problem she should ask to speak to me (from now on in English and she will also be given a mark) So either my son's in trouble or she is
yes I agree. He can't have gone down that much... Is it the scuola media? I definitely recommend a nice rapid chat in English... at the ele here they admit they have no chance but my son's teacher at the media talks to me in English. She also writes in his diary in English when he doesn't behave.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes prima media, but he is one of the best behaved kids in the school. He has got 10 in comportamento.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Kids..arghh, teachers...arghhh. I'm going to sleep on it maybe I'll feel better tomorrow
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes prima media, but he is one of the best behaved kids in the school. He has got 10 in comportamento.
My son is in prima media and he got a 10 on his pagellino and his pagella for English and he doesn't behave. The teacher really has him on board though and he 'helps' her by always talking to her in English for the others to hear. She's just trying to get him to use his English accent now as the horrible b**ch at the ele made him use his italian accent when he spoke English in the class.... She's also got him a load of verifica from the Terzo Anno as she understands that the ones from the Prima are not a challenge.... your son cannot cheat on his verifiche?? can he!!!!! Point that out to her....
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Giodafa - that's awful.

You do need to ask her why the marks went from an 8 to a 6.
I don't understand what her reasoning could be for lowering the marks.
Did she think he should be getting 10 out of 10 because you're English? But even then it doesn't make sense

I'm peed off too with Alex's Italian teacher. Alex got a bad cold over the weekend so I kept him off school. On Tuesday the teacher sent some kid to our house with a whole load of work AND homework for Alex to do.

Alex went back to school today with no more than an ocasional cough and sniffle. He doesn't like that teacher much and I know he didn't want to go back so he might have been playing the 'poor me' card in her classroom.
Anyway, she told Alex that in her opinion he was not well enough to be back at school and I should not have sent him. Alex said she tried to ring me to tell me this herself and to go and pick him up but the dim bunny used the land line and said she couldn't find my mobile number ...... written on the first page of Alex's home/school book.

I almost wish she had caught me at home because then I could have said,

"if you think Alex is too ill to be at school, what makes you think he was well enough to do all that work you sent to our home on Tuesday?"
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I almost wish she had caught me at home because then I could have said,

"if you think Alex is too ill to be at school, what makes you think he was well enough to do all that work you sent to our home on Tuesday?"
I must admit that Julia had one day off last week and she got sent home a load of stuff to do. It felt like the whole days work. I just told her to get as much done as possible and I'd write a note asking if it was okay to bring home the rest. Her teachers are really good and they just sent the remainder home with her... when you get the good ones things are fine. It's when you get the bitches that all the problems start........
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

I went to the school today but the English teacher refused to speak to me, the bidella told me I have to go "nei giorni di ricevimenti" maybe it's better that way, I've got time to calm down and have a proper adult conversation with her. I don't think that would have happened today
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I went to the school today but the English teacher refused to speak to me, the bidella told me I have to go "nei giorni di ricevimenti" maybe it's better that way, I've got time to calm down and have a proper adult conversation with her. I don't think that would have happened today
Yes, I know what you mean......
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

I have the same problem, my son is good but not bilingual ... my only answer to his various teachers has always been the same: the only proof they have that I am doing his homework is if his classwork is not up to the same standard.
I personally gave up helping him years ago - I got fed up with my work being wrongly corrected by an Italian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.