Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

SAUDI ARABIA - 2 WEEKS ON

SAUDI ARABIA - 2 WEEKS ON

Old Aug 8th 2009, 5:40 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future
Cool SAUDI ARABIA - 2 WEEKS ON

Hi to all,
(For those who don't know us, no we are not on the wrong Forum) For those who do konw us from here, here's a quick dit about life so far. Everything is going okay, we have a lovely big villa on a nice compound which is a bit like Centerparcs!!, 7 pools, gym, tennis and squash courts, volleyball court, supermarket, hairdressers, jewellers (for Moe!), in fact just about everything we need. Moe (shrouded in here black abaya (harry potter gown))has managed to get to some of the malls in Riyadh of which there are many with lots of top brand names from UK, I have done a couple which was more than enough, any bloke will understand My job is good, varied and enjoyable. Moe is not working and has not got itchy feet yet either, I am sure the novelty of not working will wear off, it took four weeks when we were in Italy so another couple of weeks to go yet. We have managed to get into the desert to do some driving and let Moe behind the wheel otherwise she can't drive, and we wangled a visit to the Embassy pub night, fish, chips and mushy peas with a pint of John Smiths, luxury. Yes we do miss Italy, if only for the people and the freedom to do things, although the challenges here are not too bad. We will continue to keep our eye on the Italian housing market so there may be a whole heap of new questions over the next two years.
We hope all is well with you guys, It is currently 44 degrees here at 8:30 in the morning. Have a great weekend.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAUDI ARABIA - 2 WEEKS ON

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Hi to all,
(For those who don't know us, no we are not on the wrong Forum) For those who do konw us from here, here's a quick dit about life so far. Everything is going okay, we have a lovely big villa on a nice compound which is a bit like Centerparcs!!, 7 pools, gym, tennis and squash courts, volleyball court, supermarket, hairdressers, jewellers (for Moe!), in fact just about everything we need. Moe (shrouded in here black abaya (harry potter gown))has managed to get to some of the malls in Riyadh of which there are many with lots of top brand names from UK, I have done a couple which was more than enough, any bloke will understand My job is good, varied and enjoyable. Moe is not working and has not got itchy feet yet either, I am sure the novelty of not working will wear off, it took four weeks when we were in Italy so another couple of weeks to go yet. We have managed to get into the desert to do some driving and let Moe behind the wheel otherwise she can't drive, and we wangled a visit to the Embassy pub night, fish, chips and mushy peas with a pint of John Smiths, luxury. Yes we do miss Italy, if only for the people and the freedom to do things, although the challenges here are not too bad. We will continue to keep our eye on the Italian housing market so there may be a whole heap of new questions over the next two years.
We hope all is well with you guys, It is currently 44 degrees here at 8:30 in the morning. Have a great weekend.
Hi there,

so glad to hear that so far things are going well and that you're enjoying the job and Moe the shopping.
I'm presuming that everyone living on the compound is a non-native too. Have you made any friends yet?
You'll have to tell Moe to get on here and give us her woman's point of view like what does it feel like in all that black and not being allowed to drive?

Hope it continues to go well. I can't remember how long you're staying out there for.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:50 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Tell moe you get used to not driving - I don't have a car here and it's been nearly 3 years now! Going back to the UK is the only time I do. I did lose weight at first but it's coming back on now I use the bus more! How does she get around there though?

Great to hear from you! Keep us up to date!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:33 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Hi,
I will get Moe to reply herself about the 'challenges' of not driving and other stuff. She actually has a permanent 'houseboy' who does everything including driving. She has never enjoyed driving so I don't think she is bothered about not doing it. We are here for two years to start with
Regards Kenny
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Hi Kenny. Great to hear from you! Enjoy!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:42 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Hi,
I will get Moe to reply herself about the 'challenges' of not driving and other stuff. She actually has a permanent 'houseboy' who does everything including driving. She has never enjoyed driving so I don't think she is bothered about not doing it. We are here for two years to start with
Regards Kenny
He does everything.

Nice to hear from you Kenny.