Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Expat life insurance

Expat life insurance

Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat life insurance

I am currently getting quotes for a 2 year life insurance policy to cover me whilst in Italy. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company they have heard of or used?

Thank you.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Re: Expat life insurance

Hello Missparkly: If you are living down south the best company is called "The Mafia" they wil sort out everything Just ask for Luigi he knows everyone..

I use this company they have been ok with us a bit dear but very helpfull http://www.allianzlloydadriatico.it NOT sure if link will be removed just incase it's called Allianz lloyd Adriatico
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misssparkly
I am currently getting quotes for a 2 year life insurance policy to cover me whilst in Italy. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company they have heard of or used?

Thank you.
Funny coincidence how life insurance has just cropped up.
I posted something about it the other day in the Happy Hour thread.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Mafia, of course!!! That will put my parents minds at rest

I'll have a look at the company you used, thanks.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:08 pm
Banned

Paul.Redmond is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need life cover or private medial cover or both. YOu will need to have private health cover to obtain residency.

Life cover pays out a lump sum to your beneficiary when you pass away so this is distinctly different from private medical cover.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

I need life insurance to cover for the worst. I am EU and working the day after I arrive in Italy so covered for medical care?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:17 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misssparkly
I need life insurance to cover for the worst. I am EU and working the day after I arrive in Italy so covered for medical care?
Miss Sparkly,

I'm pesuming that you want this coverage to start just before you get here or the day you leave and that somebody in the UK will be the beneficiary.

Just email all the insurance companies in your yellow pages and ask for a quote.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Aug 12th 2009 at 2:20 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:32 pm
Banned

Paul.Redmond is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be better to put your cover in place before you leave the UK. Be aware that many UK insurers will not cover you if you are coming to live in Italy so you need to be absolutely clear about this with the insurer before you take out the cover and before they approve you for cover.

If you do want to take out Italian cover then it will be more expensive and you may need to undertake a medical examination if you want any more than 150,000 Euro.

If you do want UK based annually renewable insurance then my company can help but I guess that due to the rules of this forum, this will be deleted.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Paul.Redmond
It may be better to put your cover in place before you leave the UK. Be aware that many UK insurers will not cover you if you are coming to live in Italy so you need to be absolutely clear about this with the insurer before you take out the cover and before they approve you for cover.

If you do want to take out Italian cover then it will be more expensive and you may need to undertake a medical examination if you want any more than 150,000 Euro.

If you do want UK based annually renewable insurance then my company can help but I guess that due to the rules of this forum, this will be deleted.
It won't get deleted unless you deliberately advertise and push your company, write the name of the company or use the email and private message service to tout for business.

You can put a link to your compny in your signature (on your profile page) and this link will come out on each post you make.

It's up to the members themselves then if they want to contact you.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya,

I am looking for a UK based company, as my plan is to come back to Scotland... at the moment! I have put in an application to one company, but may seek further advice as I'm not sure how the company will feel about me going abroad. I have an advisor looking into things... too complicated for me