Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Annual Perseids meteor shower

Annual Perseids meteor shower

Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:03 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Annual Perseids meteor shower

In our area around the 1th & 12th August we have a festa, San Lorenzo festa, this also happens to be the nights when you can see the annual Perseids meteor shower, it can be thrilling watching so many shooting stars. Keep your eyes peeled. Ern
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:54 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annual Perseids meteor shower

Thanks Ernesto! I was telling my son about this only last week but I thought we had missed it! He has never seen a shooting star and I saw one while he was stood next to me and he missed seeing it, so hopefull this will be good! What's the best time to see them normally?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:35 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Thanks Ernesto! I was telling my son about this only last week but I thought we had missed it! He has never seen a shooting star and I saw one while he was stood next to me and he missed seeing it, so hopefull this will be good! What's the best time to see them normally?
Well the later the better...they say about 12-3 at night, may be a little late for your son, but hey it's school hols and it's a great experience to share.
Ernie
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

They call it La Notte di San Lorenzo where I live.

The best place to go the locals say is up into the hills away from the town lights so it's easier to see the stars .......... which are said to be San Lorenzo's tears.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:37 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately bloody cloudy here last night and couldn't see a bloody thing. I'm gonna give it another go tonight.
Ern
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

The only shower i see is you lot on here
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:53 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We made it until 1.00 a.m.!!!! Saw about 12 in total from 9.00 'til 11.00 then from 12.00 'til 1.00, so not bad considering neither of them had ever seen one before last night - yep, the 5 year old stayed up too! Mad her siesta first though, but today son is half asleep and she is really bouncy!!

Too much moon and light pollution for a good show. Will try when the next lot comes over in November.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:51 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

I read on wiki one of the best ones is around January ....so I'll give it a go then. Stood out like a loony last night to no avail...so went back in and watched my fav prog "Top Gear"....
Ern
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

Do you watch it on Corny too? It's the latest series. Can you tell from my avatar we are fans too!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:20 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Yes.......It's bloody great. I love Jeremy, though I can see why some think him a bit of a praddock!!!! The hamster is just a tad too sweet for me, but James May is a real C@@k. Last one for a while.
Ern