Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Salary levels in Italy

Salary levels in Italy

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future
Default Salary levels in Italy

Hi,

I would like a parallel between how much one can earn in Italy vs England for the same job.
Probably there are a few of you who could find the same job as you had in GB.
Is it much less in Italy?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary levels in Italy

Originally Posted by labus
Hi,

I would like a parallel between how much one can earn in Italy vs England for the same job.
Probably there are a few of you who could find the same job as you had in GB.
Is it much less in Italy?
I would say that it is less about the salary and more about the taxes.
High taxes here.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I would say that it is less about the salary and more about the taxes.
High taxes here.
Or it might be both.
In the end, what's left in the pocket after each government official takes its share how does it compare to the GB income?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

for what my OH does (software engineer) the equivalent italian guys he works with get about half what he does after tax etc is taken out. Think both the salary is lower and the taxes are higher.... and we don't really see what you get for your taxes here.....
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by indiebird
for what my OH does (software engineer) the equivalent italian guys he works with get about half what he does after tax etc is taken out. Think both the salary is lower and the taxes are higher.... and we don't really see what you get for your taxes here.....
I kind of sensed that but I was trying to check it out. Thanks.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:17 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Indie - one of our Fb and Expat friends returned to the UK rather than convert to an Italian contract. They would've lost their house allowance on top of taking a cut in salary and holidays!! How is that an incentive?!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Indie - one of our Fb and Expat friends returned to the UK rather than convert to an Italian contract. They would've lost their house allowance on top of taking a cut in salary and holidays!! How is that an incentive?!
They've tried it on my OH too.... it's called 'cost-cutting' I think Testa plus the IR are getting strict on secondments only lasting 5years. One of our friends here has got a serious decision to make... either 'defect' and take a huge pay and therefore lifestyle cut or try and convince his Italian wife she's like living in Hastings......
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, knowing how much stuff here costs I'd take the Hastings lifestyle! She can always visit!!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I have to say, knowing how much stuff here costs I'd take the Hastings lifestyle! She can always visit!!
me too tbh... but she is really not convinced one little bit....