Rubbish

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:56 am
Just Joined

dixiefitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Rubbish

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Same here with splitting refuge, for at least the past 5 years. No bags but different coloured bins that were issued initially for free but replacement ones have to be bought at around €35. The green ones (food waste) have been known to be stolen! We do get door to door pick-up six days a week though.

Current rates for us (Sardinia) are €1.80 per m2 plus the Tares element, a further €0.30 per m2 plus a further approx. €100 for various bits and bobs. So for 100 m2 house just over €300 per year.
Hi Capo Boi - we have a place in Sardinia, but only go for a month a year at the moment, would we be able to get a discount on our rubbish bill - we just get the bill and pay it - currently about 190 euro per year which is expensive as we don't use the house a lot - it is classed as our 2nd home and so we have IMU to pay - thanks in advance for your reply and advice
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish

Hello dixiefitz,

I don't really know if you are eligible for a discount or not. In some regions I've heard non residents pay a lower rate but to the best of my knowledge the rate in Sardinia is the same for residents and non residents. €190 per year doesn't look too bad to me. House of about 75m2? We shall see what happens when the proposed new IUC tax (IMU, Tari & Tasi combined) comes into effect around June time?
As an aside I see that you are looking to rent your house. I don't know your area too well but in the main tourist areas in the south (and Cagliari) it's quite easy to find a small houses or apartment to rent for around €7,000 per year. Contrast this with the €400 to €500 achievable per week as a summer holiday let. For many owners this is the preferable choice. €4000 for 10 weeks after fees -commission (but before tax) as opposed to €7000 for the full year before lawyers - estate agency fees and tax. Just a thought. You could try holiday lettings or homelidays for example.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 4:39 am
Just Joined

dixiefitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Rubbish

Thanks for your advice, we are in Oristano Province about 40mins to Cagliari. We are going over in June so will have a good sort out then. We are lucky in that we have friends in our village that speak English, they own a B&B and that's how we discovered Sardinia.