Rubbish

Old Jan 10th 2014, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

carolearly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rubbish

okay so today in my area, which is Campagna down my lane . We all got delivered a brown bin, and various sizes of bin bags. Did think about refusing, but even my neighbour further down the lane, had to sign for one. Any ideas of cost of this ? I did ask but you know what its like. BTW I rent this place and landlady has said nadda about it....... There is only 2 of us that live here and my dog, does it go on area space ? we are not going to produce as much rubbish as my neighbours, in a smaller place with more kids Confused.com
Old Jan 10th 2014, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish

Where I live we have been dividing up our rubbish for years ,Our building ( 8 flats ) has a large brown bin for organic waste , a blue one for paper and we each have a yellow bin for plastic and glass . The big bins in the road are being gradually eliminated too.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolearly
okay so today in my area, which is Campagna down my lane . We all got delivered a brown bin, and various sizes of bin bags. Did think about refusing, but even my neighbour further down the lane, had to sign for one. Any ideas of cost of this ? I did ask but you know what its like. BTW I rent this place and landlady has said nadda about it....... There is only 2 of us that live here and my dog, does it go on area space ? we are not going to produce as much rubbish as my neighbours, in a smaller place with more kids Confused.com
We get a yearly rubbish bill which I believe is based on the size of the house and number of residents. When I last spoke to the neighbours they told me that their bill is 1,300 per year, mine is a little less as the house is smaller.

Judging from the delivery of various sizes of bean bags, I conclude that they have introduced 'raccolta diferenziata' or divided rubbish collection whereby you collect the 'umido'( organic matter) in small white/green bags made of rice or potato, plastic bottles and tins in yellow plastic bags and non-recyclable stuff excluding glass in black/grey bags.

Each house where I live has a big bin for organic matter and one for card/paper, the yellow bags with plastic are left outside as well as the non-recyclables in the black bag.

I also had to sign for our bags; if you are not residents, your landlady should have done this. Try and inform yourselves what you put in each bag as the comune can fine you if you do not comply with regulations.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you live in Campania and not in the campagna... if that is the case - as a resident you will pay the full whack for rubbish collection, as you live there. Non residents are eligible (in most areas) for a discount of up to 30% as it is a second home and that means you dont live there all of the year. If you rent you are responsible for the rubbish collection tax - and you should be registered for this at the comune. Rubbish tax is calculated on the square metrage of your home.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add that the colours used, and the categories that rubbish is divided into, vary from area to area - for Isakat seems to have plastic & tins together in yellow, whereas we have plastic in yellow, but glass & tins together in green. So, as Isakat said, try to find out the rules for your area.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serrano
Just to add that the colours used, and the categories that rubbish is divided into, vary from area to area - for Isakat seems to have plastic & tins together in yellow, whereas we have plastic in yellow, but glass & tins together in green. So, as Isakat said, try to find out the rules for your area.
Lovely colourful discussion this. Early bird carol, are you in Campagna near Eboli? Or somewhere else in the Campania region? Just curious.
As for colours, well in my comune we have had differenziata since 2006. A brown bucket with biodegradable bags for organic (though all mine goes into the free compostiera I was issued with for the garden); big mauve plastic bags for plastic/ cellophane/aluminium etc.; a big blue bucket for glass; brown paper bags for paper; and black plastic bags for the rest. Just paid 182 eurines first half of TARSU, with another 182 to pay Feb 28th. What the new Stasi Tasi or whatever it's called will be I've no idea. It is all based on square meterage/family size. Tenant responsibility if renting.
'By by' dicette l'inglese.
'o nonno
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Same here with splitting refuge, for at least the past 5 years. No bags but different coloured bins that were issued initially for free but replacement ones have to be bought at around €35. The green ones (food waste) have been known to be stolen! We do get door to door pick-up six days a week though.

Current rates for us (Sardinia) are €1.80 per m2 plus the Tares element, a further €0.30 per m2 plus a further approx. €100 for various bits and bobs. So for 100 m2 house just over €300 per year.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Jan 11th 2014 at 8:02 am.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

I am in Campagnia region, ononno, Licola to be exact....... I wondered when you said you have just paid 182 Euros, and you have another 182 Euros to pay by Feb. Is that the whole of your bill, in 2 payments ? or I wondered if there will be 4 a year ? I guess they are getting rid of the big dumpsters for the rubbish, this is a shame as there are some 2 lanes from us, away from the houses, where everyone has been putting their rubbish in for free !! I hope they clear up all the areas, of bags of rubbish,,,,,,,, I can dream
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

For free? You should have been paying TARSU from the moment you moved into the house, whether there is a collection or not.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolearly
I am in Campagnia region, ononno, Licola to be exact....... I wondered when you said you have just paid 182 Euros, and you have another 182 Euros to pay by Feb. Is that the whole of your bill, in 2 payments ? or I wondered if there will be 4 a year ? I guess they are getting rid of the big dumpsters for the rubbish, this is a shame as there are some 2 lanes from us, away from the houses, where everyone has been putting their rubbish in for free !! I hope they clear up all the areas, of bags of rubbish,,,,,,,, I can dream
OK. So you'll have quite a few neighbours from the NATO base at Agnano. But as modicasa points out, rubbish disposal is not 'free' whether it be house to house collection or a a central skip. Anyway, hope you manage to get straight with the comune on this. Good to see the Napoli suburbs getting started on recycling instead of just general 'dump it where we can'.
by by dicette l'inglese,
'o nonno
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Was told by my landlady when we moved in, was x amount of rent including water and rubbish....... so we will see !! Probably wrong word, as in "free" meaning no extra euros for us to pay out.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps you dont pay rubbish because your landlady doesnt declare your rent!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

oh surely not !!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh surely yes !
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Same here with splitting refuge, for at least the past 5 years. No bags but different coloured bins that were issued initially for free but replacement ones have to be bought at around €35. The green ones (food waste) have been known to be stolen! We do get door to door pick-up six days a week though.

Current rates for us (Sardinia) are €1.80 per m2 plus the Tares element, a further €0.30 per m2 plus a further approx. €100 for various bits and bobs. So for 100 m2 house just over €300 per year.
Just to add, when visiting the centre of Rome recently, all the big bins( 4) in a street were padlocked( the lids had holes drilled through).

I wondered how the rubbish men empty them? And I do not think it was near a hospital where they might put hospital waste.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.