Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

removals from uk to italy

removals from uk to italy

Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Tom_Essex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: removals from uk to italy

Is anyone still looking to fill some extra space, I have a garage load of household effects approx 48m3 to come down from near Stansted airport to Padova and Milan way ? Am looking to move early June ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as trying to do the move on a budget
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point

we used a guy called philip white, he was really good, and a lot cheaper than the others i spoke to, if you google philip white freight his website should come up xx
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Mahler is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody used removers from Rome to London? We have two quotes verging on £10,000. I dont know whether I can quote the names of the removers here. One dont have a base in Rome but in Milan and in Rome use a local company which gives me doubts.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point

how much stuff do you have to remove? xx
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Mahler is an unknown quantity at this point

It's 40 cubic mtrs. Ground floor flat.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

VEROVITA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katiejane
we used a guy called philip white, he was really good, and a lot cheaper than the others i spoke to, if you google philip white freight his website should come up xx
Dear all,

We are relocating from south africa to sicily. We are considering shipping our household contents to the UK (shippers warehouse in south london) then adding a few items being passed on to us by UK family and then getting quotes for it to be driven to sicily in a truck.

Will this be exhorbitant do you think? The alternative is to ship direct from SA to sicily and have a smaller van deliver the stuff from the family.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated!!
THANKS
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEROVITA
Dear all,

We are relocating from south africa to sicily. We are considering shipping our household contents to the UK (shippers warehouse in south london) then adding a few items being passed on to us by UK family and then getting quotes for it to be driven to sicily in a truck.

Will this be exhorbitant do you think? The alternative is to ship direct from SA to sicily and have a smaller van deliver the stuff from the family.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated!!
THANKS
You should start your own thread really. I think it's pretty much sure that shipping SA to UK and UK to Italy will add extra costs. For instance the container from SA will have to be de stuffed, and then everything re loaded into another vehicle so there is handling and also the extra possibility of damages whilst this is done.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:37 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Shipping an extra 3000 miles and getting your stuff unloaded then stored and re loaded does not seem likely to be cheaper!

k
Old Sep 20th 2011, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Shipping an extra 3000 miles and getting your stuff unloaded then stored and re loaded does not seem likely to be cheaper!

k
We have been quoted about R70,000 from here to sicily and about R30,000 from here to the UK. So if it will be more than R40,000 to get from UK to sicily we wont bother. We just thought it would save the extra cost of shipping things from SA and shipping a few pieces from the UK - made more sense to ship them together.

I made contact with Philip White (as per earlier suggestion) and he is trying to put a quote together for us - extreemly helpful guy

Didnt mean to hijack the thread - just wanted guidance on costs from UK to Italy

Thanks very much for the comments
Old Sep 20th 2011, 1:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEROVITA
We have been quoted about R70,000 from here to sicily and about R30,000 from here to the UK. So if it will be more than R40,000 to get from UK to sicily we wont bother. We just thought it would save the extra cost of shipping things from SA and shipping a few pieces from the UK - made more sense to ship them together.

I made contact with Philip White (as per earlier suggestion) and he is trying to put a quote together for us - extreemly helpful guy

Didnt mean to hijack the thread - just wanted guidance on costs from UK to Italy

Thanks very much for the comments
It's not just the cost. having your goods transhipped is a recipie for disaster whatever the carrier tells you unless the effects are very securely packed. It stands a chance that it wont be the same company that does it (they will probably sub contract the second leg).

Add to the freight costs all the transhipment costs and the Customs clearance in the UK
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It's not just the cost. having your goods transhipped is a recipie for disaster whatever the carrier tells you unless the effects are very securely packed. It stands a chance that it wont be the same company that does it (they will probably sub contract the second leg).

Add to the freight costs all the transhipment costs and the Customs clearance in the UK
hmmmm... time for a rethink methinks... thanks
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

onmywaytomilan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Just as a note to anyone else looking at this thread.

For a small fee I am willing to do the long drives for you

35 years old
no accidents in 15 years of driving, 100% clean license no speeding tickets etc

Non drinker
Non smoker

Have done deliveries and house removals in the past.

From the UK to Italy (or back)
£0.90 per mile, will help load and unload also.

Plus £30 per day with max miles per day 500, if its practical to chop an 1100 mile route to 2 days I will do it, but assume that I would not so you can be delighted if I can!

Hire the van and I will get it done for you - you need to add £99 to cost for independent contents insurance.

so as guesstimates

edinburgh to sicily would be £1920 (4 days and 2000 miles)
edinburgh to Turin would be £1094
aberdeen to turin would be £1175

glasgow to Turin would be (probably would not go to Glasgow) har har

you get the picture

thanks

Just as a note to the MODs

This is not my job and its no problem if you delete this as I have PMd the original poster.
This route happens to fit with my plans (as you may be aware from my other recent posts).

I worked the rates out of the top of my head, I have done 2 routes to Italy for people, Bologna and Augusta (southern Sicily)

thanks again
What would be your fee from UK (nottingham area) to Milan?
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:18 am
Senior Moment

I'm sorry, this is not a place for business transactions

I suggest if you are going to talk about this then please do it by pm, away from the forums
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

onmywaytomilan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm sorry, this is not a place for business transactions

I suggest if you are going to talk about this then please do it by pm, away from the forums
This was dealt with in a PM.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:17 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by onmywaytomilan
This was dealt with in a PM.
Thank you