Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Relocation to Sicily HELP

Relocation to Sicily HELP

Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

bwthynenfys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation to Sicily HELP

We are looking to moving to Sicily and will be property hunting in April. Does anyone know of a v.cheap B & B or perhaps a family who have a spare room to rent for a week. We are a pair of house trained 60 year olds. We are just looking for hints and info while we are researching. Also if possible is there a group out there that can help ease the transition ??? Can anyone HELP Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

shahaanrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation to Sicily HELP

seems there are not many ex pats actually living in Sicily.

Im taking a buying trip next week . I am in the s.e. area but may then look along the west coast at a later stage.

I have been living in Malta for the last 20 years.

Get over there for a visit and not worry too much.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bwthynenfys
We are looking to moving to Sicily and will be property hunting in April. Does anyone know of a v.cheap B & B or perhaps a family who have a spare room to rent for a week. We are a pair of house trained 60 year olds. We are just looking for hints and info while we are researching. Also if possible is there a group out there that can help ease the transition ??? Can anyone HELP Thanks in advance.
What part of Sicily are you thinking of moving too ?? We lived in the village of Marinella ner Castelvetrano. Trapani Province. I know an Enlglish lady there who rents out rooms in her villa. She has been there for over 25 years and knows lots of people and lots about the area.
If you want the link to her villa PM me.
I would offer to rent you out our house but MIL is living there at the mo and you'd have to share with my cat and dog !!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

bwthynenfys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by selinuntina
What part of Sicily are you thinking of moving too ?? We lived in the village of Marinella ner Castelvetrano. Trapani Province. I know an Enlglish lady there who rents out rooms in her villa. She has been there for over 25 years and knows lots of people and lots about the area.
If you want the link to her villa PM me.
I would offer to rent you out our house but MIL is living there at the mo and you'd have to share with my cat and dog !!
Hi where is this N, S, E, W, we are looking N.W and S,W and Caccamao and Cianciana???
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bwthynenfys
Hi where is this N, S, E, W, we are looking N.W and S,W and Caccamao and Cianciana???
This is north west Sicily. Nearest major town is Mazara Del Vallo, also quite close to Marsala. In the middle of Palermo and Trapani airports. On opposite side nearest town is Menfi (although not as busy as Castelvetrano) and then Sciacca.
HTH
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I have been reading these posts on NW Sicily and am going to try to get up to see this area too. may well be another trip for me.

I am looking for a slightly cooler summer temperature than here in Malta.

But I guess the down side is its cooler in the winter
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahaanrider
Hi

I have been reading these posts on NW Sicily and am going to try to get up to see this area too. may well be another trip for me.

I am looking for a slightly cooler summer temperature than here in Malta.

But I guess the down side is its cooler in the winter
This summer was exceptionally hot and in my 7 years over there I found it was getting hotter every year. Our garden thermometor didn't drop below 38 for almost 4 weeks last summer and we even reached 45 at 2 in the afternoon on a few days, could have been a faulty thermometor though. Upside was the sea was lovely and not full of jellyfish like it usually is when the sea is warm.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:13 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Selinuntina - Do you get jellyfish in the Mersey or will you be back over here baking throughout the summer
Regards Kenny
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Selinuntina - Do you get jellyfish in the Mersey or will you be back over here baking throughout the summer
Regards Kenny
I would imagine there's a lot worse than jellyfish in the mersey !!
We are coming back for the summer. I've already been looking at flights and suprisingly Alitalia are cheaper than Ryanair !
I'm trying to convince DH to let me and the kids pop over for 10 days in May, I miss my cat and dog !!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi All
Just to say I have returned to Malta and will be back in NW Sicila in March to view more property. So now I need help in that area too!!!
ANy idea on bus routes from Trapani down the coast route
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I have changed my plans and am coming via Pozzallo now thanks.
I notice that you are a property consultant. There are lots stalking on expat web sites but at least you are up front about it which is a pleasant change.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MIPC
Stalking ??? Never crossed my mind...i was genuinally posting...yes i am a property consultant with nothing to hide..to the contrary if anyone needs genuine information about the sicilian property market feel free to ask. I am, amongst other properties in Sicily, promoting (SNIP) Sicily.
Pozzallo nice area. Try lido di noto beautiful and capo passero.
My friends mum enquired about buying one of the properties in Salemi but she said there were a lot of rules attached and just not worth it.
How you finding Salemi ? I only went there a few times and wasn't overly impresssed, prettier than Castelvetrano though.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Mar 8th 2009 at 3:49 pm.