Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Festa della donna.

Festa della donna.

Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Festa della donna.

I think I'm allergic to mimosa .......... makes me sneeze uncontrollaby, so I never get any of that, and I don't need an excuse once a year to be able to go out with my friends either.

What do the rest of you think about this "festa" ?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice
Default Re: Festa della donna.

I'm happy to get flowers any day of the year. I think it's nice to have a Woman's day. after all every day is man's day - hee hee. Having said that I don't really celebrate it. I've never been out with just the girls on the 8th.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I got invited out by a bunch of Italian girls years ago.
I've never done it since.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I can't think of anything much that is worse than being in a restaurant full of women!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:26 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

What Festa?!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I can't think of anything much that is worse than being in a restaurant full of women!

Just got back from a giro and saw lots of women carry mimosa and loads of bancarelle selling mimosa.

It's a grogeous day here - not a cloud in the sky. I tried to act Italian and wore my winter coat, but I had to take it off towards the end as I was baking
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:35 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
What Festa?!
In France, it's not La Fête, but La Journée de la Femme and, as my OH says, what happens the other 364 days?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I think I got out of bed the wrong side today !!! My dear MIL rang to say happy Festa della Donna and I grumpily told her that we dont have this silly day in the UK ! I then ranted on about Italy needs this day cos the rest of the time its a country of male chauvinist pigs blah blah blah - poor thing I felt sorry for her after - I didnt mean to take it out on her it just rubs me up the wrong way that italian women think its a big deal to have an opportunity to go out alone maybe for a meal. I think its just a sad reflection of the fact that Italy hasnt really moved on. But then I'm just a grouch lately -must be the age
As Lorna did - I also went out last year with a group of italian girls - it was something I have no wish to repeat. No offence - I have some good italian friends - but they all ordered one coke and then spent the rest of the evening texting their poor husbands and children who couldnt possibly cope without them for a couple of hours !! No thanks !
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patty
I think I got out of bed the wrong side today !!! My dear MIL rang to say happy Festa della Donna and I grumpily told her that we dont have this silly day in the UK ! I then ranted on about Italy needs this day cos the rest of the time its a country of male chauvinist pigs blah blah blah - poor thing I felt sorry for her after - I didnt mean to take it out on her it just rubs me up the wrong way that italian women think its a big deal to have an opportunity to go out alone maybe for a meal. I think its just a sad reflection of the fact that Italy hasnt really moved on. But then I'm just a grouch lately -must be the age
As Lorna did - I also went out last year with a group of italian girls - it was something I have no wish to repeat. No offence - I have some good italian friends - but they all ordered one coke and then spent the rest of the evening texting their poor husbands and children who couldnt possibly cope without them for a couple of hours !! No thanks !
Brilliant. That's so true that Italian women really need this day. I seriously doubt that many got the day off though.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:13 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

So I managed to celebrate it properly without trying then!! Just me and Antonia as usual. Saw a female friend and her daughter, no blokes in sight!!