Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Refusing residancy again in Sardinia

Refusing residancy again in Sardinia

Old Mar 10th 2016, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

dixiefitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refusing residancy again in Sardinia

Hi Everyone, I am having a residency problem again, the people who work in our local commune offices are refusing to give me a residency permit. I had the same trouble last year!!, they grudgingly gave me a 12 month temporary residency, which has now expired. My two boys aged 5 are in the local school, and they have sold me lunch tickets (again grudgingly and at an inflated price) for the month, but are then not letting me be a resident. My husbands family are Sardinian his fathr was born in the next village but passed away 30 years ago. I don't know what to do (we are in the process of getting citizenship for the boys at the Italian Embassy in London) my husband is working in London, I have taken down the paperwork showing our intentions to the commune, but they are making my life very difficult, I feel like a criminal!! My UK registered car is now due an MOT, and I am unable to buy a car here because I don't have a residency permit. If any of you can help I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Refusing residancy again in Sardinia

Hi,

What are the commune saying as a reason not to give residency?

For us, when we came 6 years or so ago it was quite easy.
Provide all our documents + proof of 1 years private health cover and all sorted.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 5:00 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you can show an income and more importantly healthcare, without your husband ( Italian) you cannot get residency. I don't know where you stand once your children become Italian citizens. Your kids are entitled to enroll in school even if you do not have residency. As to buying a car, if your husband is enrolled in the AIRE ( anagrafe Italiani residents al'estero) he can buy a car here
Old Mar 10th 2016, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder whether there's a mistake in translation here.
You shouldnt be asking for a permesso/permission of any sort - they will think you mean a permesso di soggiorno which is not applicable toyou. You need to ask for residenza - which means taking your passport, proof of address, health insurance, stato di famiglia, proof of income or bank balance (more than 10000 a year for four of you) and ask to immigrate into the comune. If you have been here for more than 90 days, they cant refuse you if you are an EU citizen - some smaller comunes are still convinced that GB isnt in the EU because we dont have the euro, but dont let that put you off. You have a legal obligation to be resident. If they say no ask specifically why not. Nobody in the comune will have read the circular from March 2007, so wont know how to do it, but thats not your problem. If you have to call the police then do it.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much, I am going to commune tomorrow, and will take someone who is fluent in Italian which I am not, and feel better after reading the replies. Modicasa you are always the voice of reason, so big thanks again
Old Mar 11th 2016, 8:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dixiefitz
Thanks so much, I am going to commune tomorrow, and will take someone who is fluent in Italian which I am not, and feel better after reading the replies. Modicasa you are always the voice of reason, so big thanks again
Let us know if you still have problems at the comune and I'll post the links to all the legal blurb that you can download and print in Italian and shove it in their faces.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 8:59 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Let us know if you still have problems at the comune and I'll post the links to all the legal blurb that you can download and print in Italian and shove it in their faces.
I'm guessing the problem is lack of health insurance. Can't imagine any other reason.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Health Insurance was the reason for denying me residency for a couple of months until I got it. This doesn't actually mean full private medical insurance but just a special type of insurance that covers certain things for the ASL. Cost - 200-300 euros per year per person - PS don't panic They always seem very difficult at first and then sudden cave in and you get you residency with smiles all round

Last edited by nicktonight; Mar 11th 2016 at 10:25 am.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks Lorna, will do
Old Mar 13th 2016, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Doris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant futureDoris Day has a brilliant future

Hi,
I'm also in Sardinia and we obtained our residency last year, I thought I would add this link to the Comune in Oristano which provides the official full list of required documents, etc for you to print off and take to your Anagrafe in your comune, hopefully this will help you!

http://www.comune.oristano.it/.galle...ne_Europea.pdf

Just out of interest, exactly what documents are you taking to her? They definitely won't give you residency here without health cover and also all family documents need to be translated, legalised and apostilled.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out soon
Old Mar 13th 2016, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Pwdu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Doris Day
Hi,
I'm also in Sardinia and we obtained our residency last year, I thought I would add this link to the Comune in Oristano which provides the official full list of required documents, etc for you to print off and take to your Anagrafe in your comune, hopefully this will help you!

http://www.comune.oristano.it/.galle...ne_Europea.pdf

Just out of interest, exactly what documents are you taking to her? They definitely won't give you residency here without health cover and also all family documents need to be translated, legalised and apostilled.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out soon
We are about to get the documents together to apply for residency. Do you mind me asking you where you found a health insurance policy the your commune was happy with, the name is possible, cost and where we can buy it. We initially misunderstood and asked Bupa WorldWide and the quote was €700 a month for a family.
After doing a lot of reading I see that it's supposed to be an Italian policy and connected to the ASL? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for providing the above list, it will help us also.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are still stymied you can take your problem to SOLVIT.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi All, been to the comune today with a friend who is fluent in Italian, and the woman said "if she (me) buys health insurance and shows me a bank statement I'll give her a residency certificate. Honestly you could not make it up. This is the same woman who has been really difficult and rude. Bonkers !! All this drama and upset for nothing.

Now that she has agreed to the residency could I ask where is the best place to get the health insurance and what company should I use? Thanks in advance for your replies .
Old Mar 15th 2016, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the post office is good for health insurance ! Thats what I seen recommended i think there may be a thread on it. Yes some of the officials here are right up themselves, we have one in our communi
Old Mar 15th 2016, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Axa do a policy that seems to be generally accepted by comunes in the south of the Island. There are a number of agencies in Cagliari and I think they are used to dealing with residency requests. Cost is something like €600 per year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.