Reload this Page >

Recommendations for moving from UK to Italy

Recommendations for moving from UK to Italy

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tom_Essex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for moving from UK to Italy

Hi,

This forum looks like a great resource for people already out in Italy and people moving out there, I intend to move out either to Padova or Roma in the next few months depending on work placements,

My main question is though, does anyone recommend any particular way or company to actually move everything across ?

I only have a small one bedroom apartment in the UK and would have the same in Italy, so I'm assuming a self drive Van hire, but any recommendations or is there a better way I am not thinking of ?

Your responses will be much appreciated,

THanks

Tom
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recommendations for moving from UK to Italy

there is a small company that does do deliveries of furniture etc., from italy to the uk and vice versa . as you don't have a lot of furniture to bring i'm sure they could accommodate you. their website is www.philipwhitefreight.com i've not used them myself but i've heard people recommend them hope this helps.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

I prefer to just pack the most important 20kg of stuff, then leave the rest at Parentals Storage Facility. They have branches all over the country!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

magnad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by internationalbefky
I prefer to just pack the most important 20kg of stuff, then leave the rest at Parentals Storage Facility. They have branches all over the country!
This is exactly what I've done! You could easily pay for a friend or relative to come over and bring some more stuff!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by internationalbefky

I brought a car load when I brought the car over. Then I hired a van and drove from UK to Italy stayed 3 days then drove the van back to the UK... returned to Italy the following day by Ryanair... Must have been mad.