Reload this Page >

Italian Mobile Phone

Italian Mobile Phone

Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

tommyd1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian Mobile Phone

Hi

I am moving to Italy in February and I need a mobile phone for work. The costs will be covered by my boss. I have taken a look on the Vodafone Italia and TIM site but I was a bit confused by all the "rechargeable" options.

I am really only looking for about 500 mins a month with 500 texts and unlimited internet usage. I will also need to make a lot of calls abroad not just to back home but for my job also.

Can anyone help with what network can provide a plan like this with any kind of offer on international calls.

Phone wise it needs to be a smart phone preferably a blackberry.

Thanks in advance
Tommy
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Mobile Phone

We have just changed one of our plans and gone over to Wind. Before I launch into the pro's & con's, when you say that you boss will be covering the charges do you mean he is going to reimburse you or it will be it will be a business contract ( with a partita IVA)? Makes a lot of difference to what you get.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi 37100

There will only be two people in our team that require mobile phones and we will get WI-FI from the site we will be working on. Will we be able to set up a business contract with that.

The company already has a business contract here in the UK with O2 and my boss is going to look into the cost of getting the phones through them. He has asked me to take a look at getting the contracts from an Italian provider as the cost will probably work out cheaper but I have been quite confused looking at the sites so far as well as hearing some horror stories from other users on the forum.

Much appreciated
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommyd1888
Hi

I am moving to Italy in February and I need a mobile phone for work. The costs will be covered by my boss. I have taken a look on the Vodafone Italia and TIM site but I was a bit confused by all the "rechargeable" options.

I am really only looking for about 500 mins a month with 500 texts and unlimited internet usage. I will also need to make a lot of calls abroad not just to back home but for my job also.

Can anyone help with what network can provide a plan like this with any kind of offer on international calls.

Phone wise it needs to be a smart phone preferably a blackberry.

Thanks in advance
Tommy
I think in this case "rechargeable" is a pay as you go 'phone .... especially if the word you are reading is 'ricarica'.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ha ha. I should no better than to let google translate the page by now. I was just being lazy.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:51 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. I should no better than to let google translate the page by now. I was just being lazy.
For contract phones you need to be looking at "abbonamento". Something like these options.

http://www.tim.it/consumer/c102951/i...lo2standard.do

If I were you I'd check out the coverage where you'll be living as well before deciding to use TIM or Vodafone or 3 etc.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
For contract phones you need to be looking at "abbonamento". Something like these options.

If I were you I'd check out the coverage where you'll be living as well before deciding to use TIM or Vodafone or 3 etc.
Don't go for 3 for internet. Those headless people wandering around Verona with a Blackberry in the air are in search of a signal. We've moved from TIM to Wind.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the sites and advice.

Tommy
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:07 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

thats the consumer page - he'd be better off looking at the business pages as the tariffs are cheaper.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by duffer
thats the consumer page - he'd be better off looking at the business pages as the tariffs are cheaper.
Yes clever clogs but "business" doesn't mean I am going to be using my phone for business.

It means I own or have my own business/company and therefore I also have a Partita IVA which I doubt Tommy has.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:09 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Me's got Blackberry innit, man
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I have looked on the sites and with TIM if you pay 29 Eur a month you get 500 minutes. With Vodafone if you pay 25 Eur a month they double it to give you 50 Eur of traffic at 12.5 cents per minute for national calls and texts.

I can't see any rates for international calls. What is the general rate for calling abroad with Italian mobile providers? Is there an initial connection charge every time you call abroad? Is there an add on with any providers that give you a flat rate for calling abroad such as vodafone passport?

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

For example with TIM if I got the subscription for 500 anytime minutes could I also add to that the TIM card international?

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:47 am
Concierge

Hi

I have looked on the sites and with TIM if you pay 29 Eur a month you get 500 minutes. With Vodafone if you pay 25 Eur a month they double it to give you 50 Eur of traffic at 12.5 cents per minute for national calls and texts.

I can't see any rates for international calls. What is the general rate for calling abroad with Italian mobile providers? Is there an initial connection charge every time you call abroad? Is there an add on with any providers that give you a flat rate for calling abroad such as vodafone passport?

Cheers
It's swings and roundabouts when it comes to the cheapest provider. You need to look really at what you need it for and the contract. E.g. we changed from Vodafone because 60% (if I remember rightly) of the calls had to be to Vodafone numbers to avoid a surcharge.
You right, you add an International option depending on where you intend calling. We have a TIM account too, but we find it's not the best for International plans for use in the UK. You might also want to add in Internet bundle if you don't want to use your telephone mins for internet.
If you or your boss qualify for a business plan, they give far more value for money. Will either of you have a partita IVA?

We have this plan, but TIM and Vodafone have similar offers. http://www.wind.it/it/promo/pagina50.phtml?sez=Privati

Last edited by 37100; Jan 27th 2011 at 7:51 am. Reason: added a bit
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by duffer
Me's got Blackberry innit, man
I prefer the Raspberry more fun than the Blackberry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.