Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

A question for modicasa but anyone can chip in

A question for modicasa but anyone can chip in

Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default A question for modicasa but anyone can chip in

I have touched on the question of my landlord, the spese and conguaglio before. We moved into our house in 2008 and in 2010 he showed us the conguaglio for the first twelve months and since then, nothing. I even stopped paying the spese part of the rent in September and it didn't make him shift himself. We are now moving and I have told him to use the deposit for the last three months rent. I know that you shouldn't do this but can you tell me if he is breaking the law by not showing me where the spese money has been spent. It covers the heating and hot water (is this legal too?) so is quite a substantial amount.
Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question for modicasa but anyone can chip in

I assume you live in a condominio?
Breaking the law - not really, but you have a right to see how you money is being spent - i.e. if he wants 50 euros from you, he should show you that the heating came to 50 euros. If you have a registered contract, and you gave the disdetta in the right way etc etc - if he doesn't come and sort it out before you move out, then he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. Keep records of your attempts to contact him, the disdetta etc.
The condiminio should be able to furnish you with outgoings and if you know your millesimal than you can see how its all be done. (if you're not in a condominio and the utilities stayed in the landlords name, then its his problem)
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. We are in a condominium of two houses. The contract was registered and we sent the disdetta registered post with a return receipt. There is no millesimal and the amount we pay in hot water is calculated by the number of people. There are six of us and two of them and although we don't use that much we really get stung. I don't think that giving us back our deposit will be a priority which is why I want to use it for the last three months.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

OK - well its not a condominio as you need more than 2 dwellings to qualify, so its an adhoc arrangement that suited the landlord. He didn't bother to keep his part of the bargain despite your requests, so you have no obligation to. Leave the deposit for the last rent, if he has a problem he will contact you. You have done everything by the book. He hasn't.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 7:02 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Did he even bother to register the contract?
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
Did he even bother to register the contract?
I know I paid half the registration fee when I signed the contract. I don't think he is deliberately dodgy, just lazy and a bit rubbish really. I don't think that giving us back our deposit will be top of his things to do list.