British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Properties in Calabria (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/properties-calabria-433697/)

Andy R Apr 9th 2008 1:46 am

Re: Properties in Calabria

Originally Posted by phil1968 (Post 5980070)
Hello Gillygilly,
We are in the process of buying at Isca Marina, which i believe is close to you. I could not tell you of any progress but if you go to www.calabriahomes.com or .co.uk not sure which, and post on the forum there, i am sure you would get some response.
:D

I was at Isca Marina on 2nd April 2008. Some homes are close to being finished.

sunnylady Apr 15th 2008 9:41 pm

We have just rented out our place for a week. Great that should help pay the electricity bills and a bottle of wine.

sunnylady Apr 24th 2008 1:55 am

Originally Posted by sunnylady (Post 6216517)
We have just rented out our place for a week. Great that should help pay the electricity bills and a bottle of wine.

Even better, our agent has let our place out for a week in the summer as well. I may be able to buy 2 bottles of wine now, even at this exchange rate!

david1963 Apr 29th 2008 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN (Post 4504795)
Hello all

Anybody buying ( or thinking of buying) a property on one of the new developments in Calabria ?

If so could you please let me have your thoughts on the area and the properties that are available.

Any tips, suggestions and the best location.............or where to avoid.

Thanks

Mel

i have bought a 2 bed apartment in caulonia marina , calabria ,i think this development is now sold out but others available ,i used italian connections and found them very helpful
dave

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Gillygilly (Post 5977139)
Hi,

Has anybody signed up to buy a property in Isca Calabreta? We have and we are having no luck in finding out how the development is going! Any information, however small, will be gratefully received.

Hi
We have just come back from a visit to see our house in Isca Marina which is opposite Isca Calabreta and I have photos if you want, the perimiter wall on the roadside is built and they have started on one block, we were told that they were due to complete in October this year because the road has to be a joint venture between our builder and your builder so they have to come to an agreement when they can put the road in. hope this helps
Regards
Beti

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 6182702)
We were told to complete in March 2008. So we went to Calabria the first week in April 2008. What a mess the house is no where near complete. The structure could be with a little work but the water and electricity will not be connected until after completion. Also I had to pay 100 Euro for a boiler. It is the grounds that is worrying. To complete on a propert without a fence or driveway. If you rent that out you will be liable for the safety of the guests. Basically it is not safe.
In the contract I read that it has to be fit for purpose. As its purpose is a holiday home it clearly is not.
So now I will delay completion until it is fit for purpose - which to me means when the structure is closed with a paved driveway like a block near by.
Also there is a debt to be paid on the land which meant we could not complete.
If you would like photos contact me
Andy

Hi
We also have just come back after being told that our house was completed only to find that the garden was like a bomb site and the wall was not completed and the gates were not on. We complained and the italian connection were very sympathetic but we have not completed because of this and will not untill it is done. We had a word with our solicitors out there and we found out that the garden work and roads were down to another contractor which is Bella Calabria, not had a response back to the outcome of the meeting between the two yet but I will chase it up. It seems that no one in the road is going to complete untill the gardens are sorted. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else with the same problem
Regards
Bet

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 6182819)
I was at Isca Marina on 2nd April 2008. Some homes are close to being finished.

Hi
Have you purchased in Isca Marina Residential? we have purchased one in Block 17 perhaps were neighbours!!
Bet

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Gillygilly (Post 6037371)
Hi Phil1968,

We have at last received an email about the property, work has commenced, not sure when the completion date is yet. I will take a look on the website mentioned, cheers.

Gillygilly

Hi
We have photos if you want just returned from a visit there it has started and we were told it should be finished october this year
Bet

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Boydy (Post 5302451)
I have only just joined.

I have bought in residential amusa, just back from an inspection visit. I have been told completion is 1.12.2008, however some other sites i have seen quote it as 1.6.2008.

What date have you been quoted?

Cheers

Hi
We have just returned from Calabria and there was a couple there that had purchased here and are now told completion will be Dec 2009 and they were not very pleased. I have photos if you want

Bet and Graham May 1st 2008 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 6182702)
We were told to complete in March 2008. So we went to Calabria the first week in April 2008. What a mess the house is no where near complete. The structure could be with a little work but the water and electricity will not be connected until after completion. Also I had to pay 100 Euro for a boiler. It is the grounds that is worrying. To complete on a propert without a fence or driveway. If you rent that out you will be liable for the safety of the guests. Basically it is not safe.
In the contract I read that it has to be fit for purpose. As its purpose is a holiday home it clearly is not.
So now I will delay completion until it is fit for purpose - which to me means when the structure is closed with a paved driveway like a block near by.
Also there is a debt to be paid on the land which meant we could not complete.
If you would like photos contact me
Andy

Hi
Can you tell me what the debt is, we were ment to complete too but refused to do so because of the state of the garden but we were not told about the debt on the land
Regards
Beti

phil1968 May 1st 2008 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bet and Graham (Post 6293939)
Hi
We have photos if you want just returned from a visit there it has started and we were told it should be finished october this year
Bet

photos would be good if you could e mail them to me. Now we are just waiting for a notary date to complete.Just a quick point though, i have in the past bought new properties in the uk where the roads/gardens etc have not been finished so as long as the access to the property is ok i am sure it will get sorted soon

Bet and Graham May 2nd 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by phil1968 (Post 6297106)
photos would be good if you could e mail them to me. Now we are just waiting for a notary date to complete.Just a quick point though, i have in the past bought new properties in the uk where the roads/gardens etc have not been finished so as long as the access to the property is ok i am sure it will get sorted soon

Hi
Can you send me your e.mail address and I will send them as attachments if thats ok . Thanks for the optomistic reply wait till you see the photos !!!
Regards
Beti

jdr May 2nd 2008 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Bet and Graham (Post 6299505)
Hi
Can you send me your e.mail address and I will send them as attachments if thats ok . Thanks for the optomistic reply wait till you see the photos !!!
Regards
Beti

Click on his username for contacts.

Paolo Serventi May 16th 2008 9:19 pm

Phil, here I am.
I'm sorry for my long time to answer your mail. I have news about Isca for all people have bought properties there. You say that you are waiting for a notary date to complete, but I know that in Calabria they have finihed and the house is complete or near to be, it depends upon where the proerty is:

Isca Allegra is complete they are waiting people go for notary date, only one person do it (TL1)

Lagano Costruzioni
block 3 is complete, they are waiting people go for notary date
block 4 will be complete on 15 June 2008
block 5 will be complete on 15 July 2008
Block 1 and 2 will be complete on 30 December 2008

Isca Calabretta will be complete on 30 December 2008

I can say that all works of Isca Allegra, Isca Dream, Man Costruzioni, Lagano Costruzioni will be complete, I Know people who works there (like Mister Nardi), they are guarente.
Regards
Paolo

Marianna May 21st 2008 9:59 am

Originally Posted by alimcg15 (Post 4919304)
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Hi, there, my name is MaryAnn and we have been to Italy in 2003, 2005, and 2007. We are returning for 2 weeks in July to see Calabria for the first time.
I have a feeling it will be wonderful, for I loved Abruzzo, but long to not be far from the sea. Tell me, what can you tell me about that area of Rochella Ionica? We ae just looking for a small 2 bedroom house. Could you give me an idea of what it costs to build and the size? We will be going down the west coast and up the east. We live in New York State.

How are you planning to ship? I love my car, a Hyundaii Tiburon, and am wondering if it is practical to bring it. Maybe one can buy them there and I should sell this lovely thing. :(
I have bothered you enough. Isn't this great, talking like this? At least for me, so thank you for listening; I appreciate it.
MaryAnn :D

Regards

Ali

Hi, there, my name is MaryAnn and we have been to Italy in 2003, 2005, and 2007. We are returning for 2 weeks in July to see Calabria for the first time.
I have a feeling it will be wonderful, for I loved Abruzzo, but long to not be far from the sea. Tell me, what can you tell me about that area of Rochella Ionica? We ae just looking for a small 2 bedroom house. Could you give me an idea of what it costs to build and the size? We will be going down the west coast and up the east. We live in New York State.

How are you planning to ship? I love my car, a Hyundaii Tiburon, and am wondering if it is practical to bring it. Maybe one can buy them there and I should sell this lovely thing. :(
I have bothered you enough. Isn't this great, talking like this? At least for me, so thank you for listening; I appreciate it.
MaryAnn :D

Marianna May 21st 2008 11:28 am

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 5141466)
I have just reserved an offplan development in Calabria.

Has anyone got any recommendations for English Speaking local legal companys that can do conveyancing?

What are other peoples experiences on legal side?

Thanks
John

HI, John, we are traveling in July to Calabria. What does off-plan mean? email is <snip, not a good idea to post email address`s unless you collect spam, they can contact you by clicking your user name.>
MaryAnn

Andys2k May 21st 2008 7:24 pm

Hi MaryAnn,

Buying off plan is when you purchase a property which hasn't been built yet and is still at the very early stages of construction.
I purchased an apartment in Calabria last October 'off plan' which won't be complete until December this year.
Advantages are you pay a much cheaper price than you would if the property was finished, this is due to cashflow or projected cashflow for the builder.
Down sides are you have longer to wait until you move in and you can't actually see what you have purchased unless the builder has a similar development elsewhere, kind of like a show home.

Hope this makes sence!
Andy

Marianna May 26th 2008 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Andys2k (Post 6378798)
Hi MaryAnn,

Buying off plan is when you purchase a property which hasn't been built yet and is still at the very early stages of construction.
I purchased an apartment in Calabria last October 'off plan' which won't be complete until December this year.
Advantages are you pay a much cheaper price than you would if the property was finished, this is due to cashflow or projected cashflow for the builder.
Down sides are you have longer to wait until you move in and you can't actually see what you have purchased unless the builder has a similar development elsewhere, kind of like a show home.

Andy, thank you for the reply. When people speak of a development, I am assuming it is similar to what we have in the states called condominiums or townhouses. You pay for common charges, etc. maybe there is a pool, etc.
We intend to become residents and live permanently. Did I read that one cannot become a resident if you buy property in a development?
Do you know names of specific towns which have typical Italian type architecture, not modern, as some of these developments? We are looking for lower elevations and are visiting Calabria, both coasts in July for 2 weeks to see if we want that region. Could you name some towns I should go to?
Thanks.
MaryAnn

Hope this makes sence!
Andy

Andy, thank you for the reply. When people speak of a development, I am assuming it is similar to what we have in the states called condominiums or townhouses. You pay for common charges, etc. maybe there is a pool, etc.
We intend to become residents and live permanently. Did I read that one cannot become a resident if you buy property in a development?
Do you know names of specific towns which have typical Italian type architecture, not modern, as some of these developments? We are looking for lower elevations and are visiting Calabria, both coasts in July for 2 weeks to see if we want that region. Could you name some towns I should go to?
Could lyou send it to [email protected]?
Thanks.
MaryAnn

Hope this makes sence!
Andy

jdr May 26th 2008 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Marianna (Post 6396721)

Could lyou send it to [email protected]?
Thanks.
MaryAnn

Hope this makes sence!
Andy

Read the blue text in post 96.

Andys2k May 27th 2008 9:31 pm

Hi MaryAnn,

You really shouldn't post your email address in the forums, you will get companies sending you all sorts of spam messages. Ask people to PM you information that way it is kept private:)

There are quite alot of developments to choose from in southern Italy, some of which are like your condominiums and some are kept in the traditional styles only over four floors and still have lots of architecture etc. One of the reasons we chose Amantea.
I'm not too sure about the residency for a development property, the one we purchased is a block of approx 18 apartments but it is in Amantea town centre nestled between old houses and does not have a pool, this doesn't bother me due to the close proximity of the beach.
Best regards
Andy

jdr May 27th 2008 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Andys2k (Post 6403459)
Hi MaryAnn,

You really shouldn't post your email address in the forums, you will get companies sending you all sorts of spam messages. Ask people to PM you information that way it is kept private:)

There are quite alot of developments to choose from in southern Italy, some of which are like your condominiums and some are kept in the traditional styles only over four floors and still have lots of architecture etc. One of the reasons we chose Amantea.
I'm not too sure about the residency for a development property, the one we purchased is a block of approx 18 apartments but it is in Amantea town centre nestled between old houses and does not have a pool, this doesn't bother me due to the close proximity of the beach.
Best regards
Andy

Thanks Andy, I think she is ignoring me as I have taken it off of four posts now for her and told her you can contact each other by clicking on usernames.

Marianna May 29th 2008 3:47 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6404020)
Thanks Andy, I think she is ignoring me as I have taken it off of four posts now for her and told her you can contact each other by clicking on usernames.

Hello, Jdr, Thank you so much for trying your best to let me be aware of the danger of giving email. I have a few other forums which I am a part of, having just begun, and when I quickly move from one forum to the next, I believe I just was forgetting your messages. I did read the blue text earlier and then I just noticed your note to Andy. Believe me, it was not intentional. I sometimes find the forum a little tricky in getting a message, so it seems easier to be notified via my personal email. I was not being a rebel. ;) lol

I do understand and I thank you for persisting in reminding me. I assure you it was not a matter of simply ignoring, just too busy to focus and recall.
I loved the gallery, beautiful people.
MaryAnn

jdr May 29th 2008 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Marianna (Post 6409960)
Hello, Jdr, Thank you so much for trying your best to let me be aware of the danger of giving email. I have a few other forums which I am a part of, having just begun, and when I quickly move from one forum to the next, I believe I just was forgetting your messages. I did read the blue text earlier and then I just noticed your note to Andy. Believe me, it was not intentional. I sometimes find the forum a little tricky in getting a message, so it seems easier to be notified via my personal email. I was not being a rebel. ;) lol

I do understand and I thank you for persisting in reminding me. I assure you it was not a matter of simply ignoring, just too busy to focus and recall.
I loved the gallery, beautiful people.
MaryAnn

No problems, but there are strange people about and also spammers run software that picks up email address`s and sell them on , that is why they are in the user name menu.

Marianna May 29th 2008 4:58 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6410205)
No problems, but there are strange people about and also spammers run software that picks up email address`s and sell them on , that is why they are in the user name menu.

Could you explain what you mean about the user name menu? In other words, when I want to respond to someone, I have been clicking on the word, "quote." That is correct, right? But I saw in one reply you wrote to click on the user name. When I do tht, I get info about the person, where they live,. I did not see a spot where I could reply or write to the individual.
thank you
MaryAnn

TYKE2 May 29th 2008 5:56 am

Marriana

If you see a post, the name of the person who wrote it appears to the top left of the post. If you "right click" on this name with your mouse pointer a menu appears as the list below:-

View Public Profile
Send a private message to Marianna
Send email to Marianna
Find More Posts by Marianna
Add Marianna to Your Buddy List

Click on "Send a private message to" and this opens a page to let you type in a message to someone .

I hope this helps a bit.

Tyke

lisajhb May 29th 2008 7:05 am

Sorry for butting in but i just wanted to give you some advice. Do not take it for granted that the constructor will finish what he has said he would. DO NOT GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY until they have finished. Unfortunately they regularly dont finish houses and not paying up the full amount is your ONLY hope of pushing them into comleting the work. We have lived in our flat for more than 5 years and the outside gardens and access have never been finished. The trouble is that all the other residents of the condominium payed up and so he just never bothered to come back. Believe me, it happens a lot.

jdr May 29th 2008 7:26 am

Originally Posted by TYKE2 (Post 6410425)
Marriana

If you see a post, the name of the person who wrote it appears to the top left of the post. If you "right click" on this name with your mouse pointer a menu appears as the list below:-

View Public Profile
Send a private message to Marianna
Send email to Marianna
Find More Posts by Marianna
Add Marianna to Your Buddy List

Click on "Send a private message to" and this opens a page to let you type in a message to someone .

I hope this helps a bit.

Tyke

Thanks Tyke. :thumbup:

Marriana have a look HERE in FAQ`s for help about the site.

Marianna Jun 7th 2008 1:19 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6410832)
Thanks Tyke. :thumbup:

Marriana have a look HERE in FAQ`s for help about the site.

Hi, I am a part of a few forums and Inormally start writing my reply after the word, "quote." Then I click on the link for insert email link. Which part is wrong. Am I not to type after the word, "quote?" Or, am I not to click on the email link? I am sorry I am not following. I think you are stating to not use this method and just click on the name (it is a left click for me, right click is not doing it) and send a pm.
Thank you.
MaryAnn

jdr Jun 7th 2008 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Marianna (Post 6444325)
Hi, I am a part of a few forums and Inormally start writing my reply after the word, "quote." Then I click on the link for insert email link. Which part is wrong. Am I not to type after the word, "quote?" Or, am I not to click on the email link? I am sorry I am not following. I think you are stating to not use this method and just click on the name (it is a left click for me, right click is not doing it) and send a pm.
Thank you.
MaryAnn

You do not need to put your email address on the post, spammers use software to view sites and collect email address`s that they then sell to spammers.
For this reason we have put a dropdown menu if you click the persons username, then you can email or private message the person.

Really it is best to put the information on the actual post, then if someone has the same problem in the future they can just do a search of the site and come across the threads on the same subject and maybe not need to ask the same questions. That really is the purpose of sites, to share information to people moving to different countries.

Marianna Jun 7th 2008 4:53 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6444726)
You do not need to put your email address on the post, spammers use software to view sites and collect email address`s that they then sell to spammers.
For this reason we have put a dropdown menu if you click the persons username, then you can email or private message the person.

Really it is best to put the information on the actual post, then if someone has the same problem in the future they can just do a search of the site and come across the threads on the same subject and maybe not need to ask the same questions. That really is the purpose of sites, to share information to people moving to different countries.

Thank you for the reply. I will not use the email link at the top of the white area where we write. I will click on the person's name. (Why is that email link thing there, to insert your email?) I agree that it is good to use the actual post in order to share, for if everyone just started pming, we would have little to share. :)
Thanks.
MaryAnn

phil1968 Jun 29th 2008 11:02 pm

Hello All,
Just to let everyone know that we completed on the 12th June at our property At Isca Marina. After a nightmare situation with the lawyers which thankfully got sorted in the end (another long story). But we are very happy with the property and the place itself. <Snip, advertising goes in classifieds forum only, thank>

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 3:30 am

Originally Posted by alimcg15 (Post 4919304)
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali

Hello, Ali and all concerned with Calabria,
Well, on July 11 my husband and I leave for Calabria. We are from the U.S., and we are scouting for the right town to live in for good, not a holiday home, but to live permanently in Italy. I am of Italian heritage, can speak some Italian, and would love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons to living there permanently. For example, my husband wonders abuot droughts and availability of water. He wonders about earthquakes; me, I will just take my chances! lol
Do any of you folks know of people who do live there permanently. We will be there from July 11 to the 27th. I would love to meet up with some people who might be there at that time. We will first be going down the west coast and then up the east coast. I am so excited, for I know the area is beautiful.
I know what I like-a quaint, picturesque village, homes with orange terracotta roofs in fairly good condition, and of course the sea.
Would love to hear from anyone. Best of luck to you all in this wonderful adventure.

MaryAnn and Gordon

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Austin1 (Post 4921822)
I am not long back and purchased in Brancaleone which is a stunning beachfront holiday destination on the South West coast. The development has everything from an 18 hole golf course, shopping centre, beach club, tennis, crazy golf...... everything you can think of. It is around 40 mins drive from the closest airport in Reggio de Calabria where the low cost flights will be flying into. Reggio is next to Sicily and you can get boat trips over in about 20 mins. Please PM me or e-mail
if you want to know any more about it. CanĀ“t wait to go again, it is a fantastic place.

Hello, Austin,
My husband and I are travelling July 1 ot Calabria for 16 days to search for a town that we wish to live in for good. We plan on moving to Italy. Do you know of any people who live there permanently? I would love to meet up with people who vacation and also live there.
Thanks.
MaryAnn

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Joe16 (Post 5203145)
We visited Bianco in Calabria about 16 months ago looking to find a holiday home,we were shown the site for San Rocco 1 which we thought looked good.The only thing that bothered us was the artists impression of what was next door to the developement,it was nothing like what was there and we lost all confidence in the purchase.Does anybody know how far this project has got ,it was supposed to be finished by Christmas 07.

Hi, lisacb of the Calabria Forum stated that it was opened.
MaryAnn

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 3:51 am

Originally Posted by TYKE2 (Post 6041440)
Hi

I have been impressed so far. Jane is very helpful. There is a load of info on Calabriahomes.com.

If you have any specific questions send me a PM.

Tyke

Hi, Tyke,
It is me, MaryAnn, again. How are you? Will you be visiting Calabria soon?
I leave on July 11. Is your family going soon? It would be great to meet up.

Tyke, do you know of anyone permanently living there?

MaryAnn

TYKE2 Jul 5th 2008 9:13 am

mary Ann

I was there in May.

I think a few expats live in Isca. LisaCB for one.(on the calabriahomes forum)

Tyke

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by TYKE2 (Post 6538149)
mary Ann

I was there in May.

I think a few expats live in Isca. LisaCB for one.(on the calabriahomes forum)

Tyke

Hi, thank you so much for responding! Yes, lisacb and I may get together on the 20th. She gave me her # and that is great. I can't seem to find others who live there permanently, but thank you. You know, living the daily life is different than a fun vacation. Want to hear the pros and cons.
MaryAnn

ENGJMAX Jul 5th 2008 2:29 pm

Hi Marianna,
i`m new to this forum, but these folks have mostly all bought on new developments, we have bought in the town of SCALEA on the northeast
coast of Calabria, check it out online. Some of the property in the Centro Storico is almost a 1,000yrs old, the ruined castle dates from Norman times. There are also new developments as well, so something for everyone, also its on the main rail line from Naples(2hrs) & Rome.(4.5hrs)
I was talking on another forum, to a couple from Oregon, who are doing a restoration in this area of Calabria, they travel on the 11th July, to view there ongoing project, and hope to retire to Italy in two years time.
Over the last four years we have come to love Calabria, the people are very friendly and helpful, our purchase went through very smoothly, although it did take slightly longer than anticipated ( things are just slower in Italy)

best wishes

John

ENGJMAX Jul 5th 2008 2:32 pm

Sorry

Scalea is northwest coast, typo!!

Marianna Jul 5th 2008 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jonworthy (Post 5798129)
Hello all. Just discovered this site. I've been on the Calabria homes site for a while. My wife and I, Mel (yes another Jon & Mel!), have just bought in Calabria, on the east coast, Cariati.

Hi there,
My name is MaryAnn and we are leaving from the states this Friday in search of the right town to move permanently to in Calabria. We have never been there, but having visited Italy a few times, well, this region appears breathtaking. We will be there for 16 days, down the west coast, up the east. Who knows, is anyone else going to be thee at that time?
MaryAnn