Reload this Page >

Post 2 (update)

Post 2 (update)

Old Apr 24th 2014, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Bowman1984uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post 2 (update)

Ok so now I have decided on Lecce time to ask the other questions:
1, Is 8k in euro's enough to live a modest life for 10-12 months?

2, I only speak a few words of Italian but plan to use my initial 3 months to learn by interacting with people almost constantly is this ok?

3. Would anyone advise against this idea ?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post 2 (update)

The Italian state say that 6,040 euros is what you need to live on for a year. I suppose it depends how much you pay in rent.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:15 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bowman1984uk

2, I only speak a few words of Italian but plan to use my initial 3 months to learn by interacting with people almost constantly is this ok?

Why not look at Workaway?. At least you'd have some where to live for the first few weeks.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
The Italian state say that 6,040 euros is what you need to live on for a year. I suppose it depends how much you pay in rent.
So, a person should survive on 503 euro per month? How is this possible with the gas/electricity/ tares, etc and pay for food? I am excluding rent here.

The only way for someone to live on this amount is for a young person who lives with his/her parents and mamma and papa provide everything.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I would strongly advise you against this. You must find another income.

660 euro per month is the budget you have and where I live this is just about enough to rent a small one bed flat. Maybe flats in Lecce cost a lot less, still it will not be enough to live on around 300 per month.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:57 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
So, a person should survive on 503 euro per month? How is this possible with the gas/electricity/ tares, etc and pay for food? I am excluding rent here.

The only way for someone to live on this amount is for a young person who lives with his/her parents and mamma and papa provide everything.
I know pensioners surviving on the min €512 without help from family. It is possible because they have rent assistance, ticket exemption etc, but it is very tough for them. One unexpected bill, means even less pasta on their plate.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Er, me and my wife (who has Alzheimer's) have to supposedly survive on 826 eurines per month; with no other State help. Needless to say, we have to live frugally; but don't have a mortgage, and fortunately saved in the good times. But savings don't last forever.
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

What about sharing a flat with other students. They cost about euros 100-250 all incl. Here is one of the many websites:

http://lecce.bakeca.it/offro-camera-0
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:05 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

If you are young and have 8k in euros and people say do not go they are idiots

GO

THE END

Last edited by 6monthshere6monthsthere; Apr 25th 2014 at 10:15 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the advise guys and tbh if i can live here on 600 pounds a month (food all bills and rent ) then i think i can do 8K in Italy. but idea is to find employment as soon as i have a grasp of language and area anyway. and 8k is a lot more than most people take for example you said 6k or so is the expected so im going to be 2k over that so i should be safe.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

I have been looking at studios mostly (livingroom and kitchen in one and 2 other rooms being toilet and bedroom) this is about 250 to 300 a month so take that away from the 8k leaving 5k to live on now bills say 200 taking my monthly down to 300 euros for food for a month and the odd night out. Considering my outgoings in this country leave me about 75 quid left as my money and I still manage to have fun.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

If you need to find a job this will be difficult in the south, not many jobs around even for the locals, if you can teach English then maybe you could give private lessons to university students in Lecce
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
If you are young and have 8k in euros and people say do not go they are idiots

GO

THE END
Are you always as polite as this?
Old Apr 26th 2014, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clint
If you need to find a job this will be difficult in the south, not many jobs around even for the locals, if you can teach English then maybe you could give private lessons to university students in Lecce

Good thinking will defo give that some serious thought
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:08 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Are you always as polite as this?
If you offer idiotic advice you qualify as an idiot and I have lost the will to be polite in the face of stupid advice on the internet.

Saying to someone who has 8k stashed that they should NOT follow a dream or take an opportunity is fkn stupid

YES i am blunt and the fact is anyone that says do not go is a frikkin idiot! OF COURSE GO... stay in the uk saving until you are pensioner then come over for a few weeks and die!

fk off..

GO NOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.