New in Parma

Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

chrismcdonnell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New in Parma

Torcicollo is a favourite around here, it seems everything can cause it Most importantly I have to assume the correct position for using the computer (on a desk, arms straight) otherwise I'll have it seriously when I'm older!

We had snow overnight here, was up early taking my girlfriend to the bus, the piazza was completely covered. (Need that maglietta today!) I'll try to attach a rubbish phone picture, hope it works.
Attached Thumbnails New in Parma-wp_000531.jpg  
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Nice pic Chris!

It's coming down well in Bologna this morning although in Fe it was just rain.

The maglietta della salute is like the bidet . .once you've got used to it you can't go without it. But then I'm old..you're not!

With the snow though you will need all the right kit - eg. "moon boots", big Michelin man anorak, even if you're just popping out to the shop / taking out the rubbish, otherwise you are INDECENT!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Nice pic Chris!

It's coming down well in Bologna this morning although in Fe it was just rain.

The maglietta della salute is like the bidet . .once you've got used to it you can't go without it. But then I'm old..you're not!

With the snow though you will need all the right kit - eg. "moon boots", big Michelin man anorak, even if you're just popping out to the shop / taking out the rubbish, otherwise you are INDECENT!
Funny you said this Mark, just after I read it my girlfriend came home kitted out for a lunar expedition Meanwhile I'm walking around in normal shoes and regretting it a little bit, half the streets are like a swimming pool. It's so flat here, the water just settles on the ground, bleh.

Maybe I should invest in a pair of boots too?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:54 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Snow again here, but not enough to warrant snow boots etc. and most of it is slush now.

Neither the kids nor myself have scarves, gloves or hats on as it's not cold. It would have to be bloody freezing before I'd wrap a big, wooly scarf around my neck. I hate feeling choked up and if I do wear a scarf, it's a silk/cotton one.
My winter coat is a beautiful, knee length, red wool one bought in the sales in the UK two years ago. I love it and since I started wearing it I realised that almost everybody here has black, brown and dark winter jackets and they're all so drab and bleak looking.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrismcdonnell
Funny you said this Mark, just after I read it my girlfriend came home kitted out for a lunar expedition Meanwhile I'm walking around in normal shoes and regretting it a little bit, half the streets are like a swimming pool. It's so flat here, the water just settles on the ground, bleh.

Maybe I should invest in a pair of boots too?
Ha! told you so..!

Yeah well a litle common sense goes a long way, son! Not exactly Hush Puppy weather..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Snow again here, but not enough to warrant snow boots etc. and most of it is slush now.

Neither the kids nor myself have scarves, gloves or hats on as it's not cold. It would have to be bloody freezing before I'd wrap a big, wooly scarf around my neck. I hate feeling choked up and if I do wear a scarf, it's a silk/cotton one.
My winter coat is a beautiful, knee length, red wool one bought in the sales in the UK two years ago. I love it and since I started wearing it I realised that almost everybody here has black, brown and dark winter jackets and they're all so drab and bleak looking.
oooohh! wuld love to see that Lorna
yes, I hate all that black and brown .. (says he in with his brown winter waterproof jacket..)

In my 50km commuter stretch this morning I went through lightrain, snow, blizzard, back to light snow again. I just wish it would make its mind up.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:02 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Neither the kids nor myself have scarves........
When you all come down with cronic cervicale don't blame us
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Ha! told you so..!

Yeah well a litle common sense goes a long way, son! Not exactly Hush Puppy weather..
I myself have a pair of beautiful soft rubber wellington boots , lined with what looks like expensive teddy bear but with soles that grip really well . The best part of the snowy weather is the excuse to wear them !!! Whats so great about getting your feet wet / cold or ruining good leather ?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris , I posted about a book club / library that I have only just found plus I wanted to tell you that the cineam in Via d'Azeglio is about to start a series of films in English , they are all recent releases and include '' Lincoln '' . If you want the .pdf send me a PM.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Chris ! you still doing OK in parma?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry all for the lateness, been having a bit of commotion here with the apartment. Came home the other day to find the kitchen sink has stopped draining water, and was full of lovely stagnant remains from the dishwasher. We live on the top floor of an old building, so the plumbing has been just about usable at best, and now this has happened.

Unfortunately they won't come out to sort it until Tuesday, so until then I'm washing up by hand in the bathroom, joys!

In other news I've decided to change my approach slightly, I've already visited all the hotels here in my suit to hand out CV's. Now I've decided to look for an apprenticeship or equivalent here, as I feel I'd be more secure with another trade or profession behind me. In the UK I started as an apprentice at 16, so it's how I feel comfortable and I'm happy to do it again!

Ps I sent you a message HADENOUGH!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

After a visit to InformaGiovani and the Centro per l'Impiego here, I've discovered that being English shouldn't be a problem for me regarding working as an apprentice under the new Nuovo Apprendistato scheme (which I was worried about a little).

It's not as developed yet as the equivalent system in the UK, but it would at least provide me with an opportunity to learn a new trade. Does anyone here have any experience with this scheme yet?

http://www.nuovoapprendistato.gov.it/
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Parma people: your sindaco Pizzarotti is on Daria Bignardi's Invasioni Barbariche tonight (La7, 9pm-ish)

he might get a bit of a grillling (pun intended, groan) as he's a 5 Stelle person...but might be interesting.

There seems to be a very anti-5 stelle thing going on .. Fazio the other night could hardly contain himself in lashing out !
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough

Hi Chris, I'm between Parma and Reggio and was just wondering if you have sent your CV to
http://www.rcf.it/homepage
you never know - your experience in sound and English might get you a foot in the door.
I would be candid about being a new arrival and offer yourself for short term job placement etc. HTH
Nell

BTW, I'm also old enough to be your mother! Never mind torcicollo, watch out for "cervicale" - it's lethal!
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nellybell
Hi Chris, I'm between Parma and Reggio and was just wondering if you have sent your CV to
http://www.rcf.it/homepage
you never know - your experience in sound and English might get you a foot in the door.
I would be candid about being a new arrival and offer yourself for short term job placement etc. HTH
Nell

BTW, I'm also old enough to be your mother! Never mind torcicollo, watch out for "cervicale" - it's lethal!
Hi Nell, nice to hear from you and thanks for the link

I'm starting a training position at a butchers here in Parma in May, to start with for 3 months (and hopefully for longer afterwards ), but for sure I'll send them a CV there too.

Are you near Sant'Ilario? We'll be moving there soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.