Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

moving to Italy from france

moving to Italy from france

Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

susiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the rough
Default moving to Italy from france

hello

We are an English family living in France. the family consist of my parents, my older brother myself and my 3 year old son.

we are hating the financial site of France with having our own business. there is simply no way to run a successful business here as the tax's are so high.

my parents first choice has been Italy from day 1 (mine isn't, but love Italy and the idea of beautiful Italy as a stepping stone sounds fab to me).

can anyone actually tell me what the tax is like in Italy to run a building company (mine and my mums idea is to set up a camp site as well for pocket money, as well as something to do as my son will be starting school when we move). my father has been building for 30+ years so what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing (even though he has learns new methods here in France).

can anyone kindly help me as we desperately want to move in about 2 years time (i know that this will take a little planning as i have numerous animals, including horses and goats to move with us (they are part of the family and won't be left behind)).

we are thinking of northern Italy rather than southern, possibly 1 - 2 hours from Rome.

any ideas would be gratefully received

Susi
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

madeleine is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: moving to Italy from france

[
We are an English family living in France. the family consist of my parents, my older brother myself and my 3 year old son.

we are hating the financial site of France with having our own business. there is simply no way to run a successful business here as the tax's are so high.

my parents first choice has been Italy from day 1 (mine isn't, but love Italy and the idea of beautiful Italy as a stepping stone sounds fab to me).

can anyone actually tell me what the tax is like in Italy to run a building company (mine and my mums idea is to set up a camp site as well for pocket money, as well as something to do as my son will be starting school when we move). my father has been building for 30+ years so what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing (even though he has learns new methods here in France).

can anyone kindly help me as we desperately want to move in about 2 years time (i know that this will take a little planning as i have numerous animals, including horses and goats to move with us (they are part of the family and won't be left behind)).

we are thinking of northern Italy rather than southern, possibly 1 - 2 hours from Rome.

any ideas would be gratefully received

Susi[/QUOTE]hello
Hi, I am a British citizen who has been living in Northern Italy for 16 years, I am also a registered and qualified real estate broker with my own international estate agency in Bergamo. Regarding your enquiry, I dont know how much tax is in France, but in Italy things work differently, it is too complexed to explain in a mail, so therefore if you wish to contact me direct I would be happy to try to assist you, my name is Madeleine +39 035 953429
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

johnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: moving to Italy from france

I think you will find the tax situation similar to France. I found the same in Germany these countries do not understand business at all, they want the state to run everything. They do not want free trade only protectionism.

I am back in England and when we get rid of bLAIR. Who also wants state interference in peoples lives. things should be even better.