Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Builders / Tradespeople, Contacts needed

Builders / Tradespeople, Contacts needed

Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:21 am
Just Joined

gerryrigley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builders / Tradespeople, Contacts needed

Hi To anyone living in or near the Puglia region.

My wife and I have just bought a home near to Ceglia, which is near Ostuni.

We will be needing a small amount of building work to be done, but have no idea how to make contact with local tradespeople, preferably the small one man band, self employed people who will hopefully be a little less expensive.

We're not mean, just on a very tight budget as we are retiring to the area and need to hold on to every penny or cent.

we are not moving before next spring, but the sooner we start to make contact the more relaxed we hope the move will be.

The property we have bought is 4 miles from the nearest shops in Ceglia, it has had electricity and phone lines connected in the past, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get them re-connected again and is it a very complicated procedure.

Some of the books we have bought and read tell of some real horror stories regarding the Italian service providers and again as we now have a little time on our hands, I think its probably time to start the ball rolling.

Any sort of helpful advice from anyone who has already danced through the hoops and can offer relaxing words of hindsight wisdom, would I promise be very gratefully received.

In fact if you are close enough you will be made very welcome to our inaugural christening of the new B-B-Q area and a drop of some local produce of course.

I am a retiring photographer of over 35 years and my wife Angela is retiring from her own property developing and makeover company.

We are also both very keen dog owners and are qualified animal nutritionists, we will of course be bringing our two dogs Leo, the Basset Hound and Luigi, the Shih'Tzu.

The only reason I have mentioned the bits about us is that if we can be of any help in return using any of our skills then just say the word.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Angela & Gerry Rigley + Leo & Luigi