Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Italy

Moving to Italy

Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Italy

I had a removal from East Anglia to Costa Del Sol for £4,500, very good team, if it wasnt already packed by me they did it - even some of the things i wanted to leave behind.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 7:52 pm
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice

My Advice is this:

Weigh up "just how much your stuff in england is REALLY worth. Maybe loan it out, sell it etc. bring the expensive small stuff in the car, TV, DVD , computer etc, all the other BIG stuff is generally flat pack crap that can be got shut of.

You can go to IKEA here and fully equipe an apartment to make it at least liveable for a family of three or so for about 2 grand easy. Just buy the essentials and build from there. Its what i did, i came to Italy at the start with two pairs of jeans a pair of shoes and a few boxers ! now i have a fully fledged luxery apartment with all the bells and whistles.

Good Luck.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Engliano
My Advice is this:

Weigh up "just how much your stuff in england is REALLY worth. Maybe loan it out, sell it etc. bring the expensive small stuff in the car, TV, DVD , computer etc, all the other BIG stuff is generally flat pack crap that can be got shut of.

You can go to IKEA here and fully equipe an apartment to make it at least liveable for a family of three or so for about 2 grand easy. Just buy the essentials and build from there. Its what i did, i came to Italy at the start with two pairs of jeans a pair of shoes and a few boxers ! now i have a fully fledged luxery apartment with all the bells and whistles.

Good Luck.
Oh god, wish it was that easy
I have sold load stuff, had 2 car boot sales given tonnes of clothes and toys to charity and still need a lorry to bring over the rest! I have compared a couple things in Ikea that I want and Italy seems to be a bit cheaper (for once!) so will wait til we are there.

Just wait, when baby comes along you will be flabbergasted how much stuff such a tiny person needs.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by malcesine99
Oh god, wish it was that easy
I have sold load stuff, had 2 car boot sales given tonnes of clothes and toys to charity and still need a lorry to bring over the rest! I have compared a couple things in Ikea that I want and Italy seems to be a bit cheaper (for once!) so will wait til we are there.

Just wait, when baby comes along you will be flabbergasted how much stuff such a tiny person needs.
On Sunday I a drink with a guy who moved from london to northern italy. It took 4 vans.... he brought his garden with him. As soon as I have the removers details I will PM you. He said they were brill and cheap.

Regarding the plants / garden he filled a van with. The winter this year killed the lot.. oops