Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Quick Hi + intro etc.

Quick Hi + intro etc.

Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:46 am
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice
Default Quick Hi + intro etc.

Hi fellow Italy dwellers.

I guess its manners to introduce oneself on these types of discussion forums etc. so here goes.

Ive been here in Bologna a year now, My Girlfriend (soon to be mother of our child) is Italian with a super family network around us plus a set of great friends, (i suppose thats why ive never needed to search out forums like this for advice or help etc.) I'm 42, English and obviously male hence the Username, Anyway just dropped in to say Hi and i hope to have some fun with you Guys/Girls.

ciao for now.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Hi + intro etc.

Originally Posted by Engliano

I guess its manners to introduce oneself on these types of discussion forums etc. so here goes.

Ive been here in Bologna a year now, My Girlfriend (soon to be mother of our child) is Italian with a super family network around us plus a set of great friends, (i suppose thats why ive never needed to search out forums like this for advice or help etc.) I'm 42, English and obviously male hence the Username, Anyway just dropped in to say Hi and i hope to have some fun with you Guys/Girls.

ciao for now.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You don't need to be here just for advice or help, plenty of us just drop in for a quick chat in English, a laugh or a moan.
Congrats on becoming a daddy soon. Do you know the sex or is it going to be a surprise?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:10 am
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice

Hi Lorna. Thanks for the welcome.

Was up your way a few weeks ago, had a great time in Venice.

She had an ultrasound yesterday but its to soon to tell (officially) but i'm sure i could make out something male going on there, i'm 80% sure !

Haha, that made me laugh, i quote "a laugh or a moan."

now moaning is definitley something i could do with ! for the past year ive had everything from a sympathetic.."well thats the way it is here" etc etc.....to a full on "if you dont like it LEAVE" but all in all i'd rather live here than the UK by a bloody mile !

I guess i'll head over to the Moans and Groans thread then ! thats the first one i noticed !
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't stop after one year ... you'll alway get the "like it or lump it" attitude from some people. And wait until your baby is born, you'll have every biddy in town telling you what you should and shouldn't do
Be prepared
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hi Engliano - welcome to hear and indeed to good old "red" Emilia-Romagna.
Are you in Bologna city/suburbs or province?

Best of luck with the baby .. mine was born in BO too!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
..Do you know the sex or is it going to be a surprise?
<I first read that as 'did you know that sex was going to be a surprise?...' never mind... >
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:20 pm
Member Of The Family

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Hi Engliano - welcome to hear and indeed to good old "red" Emilia-Romagna.
Are you in Bologna city/suburbs or province?

Best of luck with the baby .. mine was born in BO too!

<I first read that as 'did you know that sex was going to be a surprise?...' never mind... >
Hi Mark

I read it like that first too, had to re-read, and yes it was a surprise, ITALIAN WOMEN ROCK !

We live just outside the city center, ten mins away, Casalecchio di Reno.

I see your at Ferrara which is not far away, i'm sure i saw that place on the news after the Terremoto experiences ? have you lived here long ?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hi Mark

I read it like that first too, had to re-read, and yes it was a surprise, ITALIAN WOMEN ROCK !

We live just outside the city center, ten mins away, Casalecchio di Reno.

I see your at Ferrara which is not far away, i'm sure i saw that place on the news after the Terremoto experiences ? have you lived here long ?
Yes, too long! Lived in BO centre for 7 years too so know my way around. Casalecchio is a nice place to live I'm sure.

Ferrara was affected by the quakes, but not as bad as in the places west towards and in Modena province.
(see thread)
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

ciao for now.
Hi Engliano- welcome to the madhouse Its a great place to come and chat and let off steam and share stories.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome,
Yes you had better go over to the moans and groans thread. We spent a long time moaning that we needed one so go and use it.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

JD1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome fella
we're also on the outskirts of Bologna and you're right, Italian women do Rock
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JD1963
Welcome fella
I was told that a Sicilian woman is more dangerous than a loaded shotgun. I have been married to one for 5 years, and believe it to be true. I guess Italian women are the same...
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JD1963
Welcome fella
especially the emiliane!

off to a great start witht e man bag thread Engli!
Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:41 pm
Member Of The Family

Haha, big thanks to all for the massive welcome, i have feeling i'm going to have some fun around here, BYW, has anyone any idea as to why when i try to put in my location in my profile or edit it in any way, it doesnt "save" ??
Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MarkRD
especially the emiliane!

off to a great start witht e man bag thread Engli!
MMM

Last edited by Pecora Nera; Jul 8th 2012 at 6:58 pm. Reason: Politically Incorrect. I nearly mentioned Gay
Old Jul 8th 2012, 7:07 pm
Member Of The Family

testing testing.....1234

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.