Reload this Page >

Moving to Bozen/Bolzano

Moving to Bozen/Bolzano

Old Aug 4th 2021, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Maje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Bozen/Bolzano

Hello,
We are signing the lease for an apartment in Bozen later this month. Can anyone tell me what the process is to transfer the utilities from the lessor to us?

Maje
Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Bozen/Bolzano

When I moved to Trento, the letting agent did that for me. Otherwise, I think it is up to the previous tenant to inform the supplier - most likely Alperia in Bolzano.

There is also some information on their website here: https://www.alperia.eu/it/supporto/faq
Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Thank you!! That's a huge load off my mind! I've been dashing back and forth from Stuttgart to Bozen all summer.

Maje
Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

I hope it helps, I would definitely recommend asking your landlord/letting agent about it. I presume you already have a codice fiscale? If not, you should get that immediately (it's very easy but also absolutely vital for life in Italy!).
And your contract will also have to be registered with the comune. In my experience, the landlord or agent will do that for you but expect to receive a bill for the registration - from memory mine was about €70/year. I think it's calculated on the size of the property and should be split between the lessor and the lessee.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 11:55 am
Just Joined

It does. I've had my codice fiscale for a few months. My husband's in the process of getting his. I had heard about registering the lease. Bozen let's you do it via mail, but I'm very happy to heard the leasing agent can do it for me. The landlord is in Padua. It was his grandmother's apartment. I'm not sure how involved he is.
Maje
Old Aug 13th 2021, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Great, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I'm sure you already know Bozen but it's a great town, with plenty to do. I love days out up at Oberbozen or St Jenisien, or just a rainy afternoon at Batzenbräu!
Old Aug 13th 2021, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

I love Bozen.

Maje