Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

motorbike licence

motorbike licence

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future
Default motorbike licence

i passed my motorcycle test in england 3 years ago.
i was just wondering if my U.K bike entitlement is valid in italy when i move out.
also OH wants to take bike test in future. new test in U.K is really expensive (£700 for full licence ) and is quite dodgy now with new emergency stop whilst swerving at 30 mph. does any one know of the italian bike test rules and cost.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: motorbike licence

Originally Posted by davehornet6
i passed my motorcycle test in england 3 years ago.
i was just wondering if my U.K bike entitlement is valid in italy when i move out.
also OH wants to take bike test in future. new test in U.K is really expensive (£700 for full licence ) and is quite dodgy now with new emergency stop whilst swerving at 30 mph. does any one know of the italian bike test rules and cost.
Hi Dave, i'd think that both car and bike license would be valid all over Europe which of course includes Italy.

I dont know about the Italian bike test, i can find out If you want. But i can imagine what it would be like. First you would have to find a stretch of road with a high volume of traffic. Then you'd have to gun it as fast as you can whilst cutting up traffic and creating havoc. If you do manage to cause a few accidents on the way then so much the better. Finally if you make it to the other end you get your license
Cheers

Last edited by JohnD63; Oct 23rd 2009 at 11:55 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnD63
Hi Dave, i'd think that both car and bike license would be valid all over Europe which of course includes Italy.

I dont know about the Italian bike test, i can find out If you want. But i can imagine what it would be like. First you would have to find a stretch of road with a high volume of traffic. Then you'd have to gun it as fast as you can whilst cutting up traffic and creating havoc. If you do manage to cause a few accidents on the way then so much the better. Finally if you make it to the other end you get your license
Cheers
hi John, THANKS. If that WAS the test (lol) then i wanna be an instructor. i'd give extra marks for the most damage caused in 1/4 mile. of course my car body repair shop would be next to that stretch of road!!
OH GOD! does that mean i might be part italian already. i will have to do some family research
if its easy for you to find out there then the info would be much appreciated, but please dont worry if it means spending hours on it.
won't be happenin till late next year at least.
i have searched on the net about test, if it exists, but can't find anything helpfull. might try phoning british embassy.
cheers mate
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

hi John, THANKS. If that WAS the test (lol) then i wanna be an instructor. i'd give extra marks for the most damage caused in 1/4 mile. of course my car body repair shop would be next to that stretch of road!!
OH GOD! does that mean i might be part italian already. i will have to do some family research
if its easy for you to find out there then the info would be much appreciated, but please dont worry if it means spending hours on it.
won't be happenin till late next year at least.
i have searched on the net about test, if it exists, but can't find anything helpfull. might try phoning british embassy.
cheers mate
UK licence covers you to drive on it in Europe till it expires, but you have to uphold the host countrys eyesight and health requirements.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
UK licence covers you to drive on it in Europe till it expires, but you have to uphold the host countrys eyesight and health requirements.
oh I wouldn't think think that would be much here.... most of the italians must be blind to drive the way they do!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:40 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
oh I wouldn't think think that would be much here.... most of the italians must be blind to drive the way they do!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks jdr.
indi you took the words right out of my mouth.
i should be ok, im a short sighted, wheezing one armed (nearly) maniac.
only thing missing is a fiat panda capable of outrunning an F1 car.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

only thing missing is a fiat panda capable of outrunning an F1 car.
I know, how do they do that??!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I know, how do they do that??!!
Start the run from the top of a mountain. ;-)
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
Start the run from the top of a mountain. ;-)
you would have to tow the panda to the top of the mountain
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

you would have to tow the panda to the top of the mountain
the panda i once had you would. If i turned the radio on the whole thing would cut out.... it is one of the amazing things about italian drivers.... maybe you need to be italian to be able to drive one 'properly'.