Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

looking at moving next year any help please??

Wikiposts

looking at moving next year any help please??

Old Sep 29th 2014, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking at moving next year any help please??

'Hi tomdidutton, if you need help with the translation of your CV or anything else, I'd be happy to assist, just let me know! All the best.'

Re: looking at moving next year any help please??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva_Genuine
Hi tomdidutton, if you need help with the translation of your CV or anything else, I'd be happy to assist, just let me know! All the best.

'Hi thank you that a really lovely offer i really appreciate it.'

Hmmmm.....Gratis?

Tom, the multinationals in Italy as with the military bases and International agencies look nowadays (and have done for many years) beyond degree level qualifications. I really wish you all the best but it's going to be very very tough for you to find permanent employment.
In a previous life, we would receive upwards of 4500 cv's. every year. Degree level qualifications didn't come into it.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tomdidutton
Hi we will check we're covered with admiral at present.
i dont think we can get cover with saga as we're in our 30s.
There is no age restriction any more with Saga, that's just how they started as a company.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

tomdidutton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arjacey
There is no age restriction any more with Saga, that's just how they started as a company.
Oh thats great thanks i always thought it was for over 50s.
Its something we can look into before we go over.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomdidutton
Thats something we will look into.
I'm still unsure about which way to do things. Either find a job then look for a home in the area or vice versa. What would you recommend?
Hi Tom the following article illustrate how difficult is the job situation in Italy, even in an area part of the '' golden triangle'' of towns that were full of employment in a recent past.

7,000 apply for two nursing jobs in Veneto - The Local

So, definitely job first !
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

tomdidutton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by highlander1
Hi Tom the following article illustrate how difficult is the job situation in Italy, even in an area part of the '' golden triangle'' of towns that were full of employment in a recent past.

7,000 apply for two nursing jobs in Veneto - The Local

So, definitely job first !
Hi it does seem quite rough on the jobs market over there.
I will have to make sure my cv and interview technique is spot on amd get my Italian upto scratch.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

DesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the rough

I only have experience of the Liceo, the high school, costs. About 400 euros for books and materials per year. There are 3 school levels 6/10 10/14 14/19.Tuition costs are free.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Eva_Genuine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Capo Boi, unfortunately it wouldn't be gratis, as it's my job! Sorry
Old Sep 30th 2014, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva_Genuine
Hi Capo Boi, unfortunately it wouldn't be gratis, as it's my job! Sorry
In which case, please take the time to re-read the Site Rules - you can't use the forums to advertise your services or tout for business.

Thx.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

luwilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Tom did you move over to Italy in the end? Would love to find out how it went x
Old Jul 11th 2015, 2:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luwilkinson
Tom did you move over to Italy in the end? Would love to find out how it went x
He hasn't posted anywhere on BE since September 30, 2014, so it is unlikely that he will reply to your question, .... unless he has e-mail alert enabled.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Oh that's a shame!!
Old Jul 11th 2015, 2:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's a shame!!
It is, but that's BE.

Most people who register and post, post no more than a handful of times, and most of the rest come and go in less than a year. The long term members are only a very small minority.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

I see.... So I'm trying to find/make British friends living in Salerno, so ho do I go about this if BE is scarce? We visit a lot, and are planning to move there next year, so would love to build up my own community or friends before I do. Partner is Italian and family all live in Salerno, so would like to have my own English buddies.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It is, but that's BE.

Most people who register and post, post no more than a handful of times, and most of the rest come and go in less than a year. The long term members are only a very small minority.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 12:39 am

I see.... So I'm trying to find/make British friends living in Salerno, so how do I go about this if BE is scarce? .....
"Scarce"? .... There might be a few active BE members in the area, but there might be one or two, or none.

Live nearish to a city of approximately one million, and probably another million in surrounding counties, and there is only one other regularly active BE member in the whole area. There used to be two, strangly enough BE's big kahuna, Sue, before she moved.

There are other posters in the area occasionally, I recall seeing half a dozen or so come and go (stop posting), over the years I have been a member, but I see many more cars with some sort of British stickers (a few "GB" stickers) or personalized registration plate. The US is pretty much "anything goes" for registrations if you pay the small annual fee, so my vehicles all have the registrations that I had on the cars I owned in the UK, but I have seen others that are obviously British, such as "MR PLOD", on an old Mini, "SMEGHEAD", "OH SMEG", and "BOLOCKS" (I guess someone else has it spelt with two L's), which apparently the issuing authorities don't know is rude. Also most states near me don't have front registration plates, so decorative plates are common, and so I see some with Union Jack front plates, and I have seen one with a St George's cross and one with a Welsh flag.

I also know of a few Brits who work for the same company as as me, though I have only met two face to face, one in the next cube to me when I recently moved to a new floor.

So, in short, there are likely to be many more Brits in the area than are on BE. .... Perhaps you could look for a facebook group?

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 12th 2015 at 12:49 am.