Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIDL - British Week

LIDL - British Week

Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

mikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nicemikestewart48 is just really nice
Default Re: LIDL - British Week

Originally Posted by Patty
Thanks so much for that TR. Now I know I can go and buy a load of it !!

I freeze milk and that works ok too. (dont laugh - cos I live in the middle of nowhere - I thought it'd be useful to sometimes have a stock of milk cos I really hate the UHT stuff !! growing up in the Channel Islands I never even knew that UHT existed )
Patty, I noticed in your comments that you were brought up in the Channel Islands. May I ask which one??? I was born in Jersey and lived near the Howard Davies Park in St Helier.
regards from
Mike Stewart
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mike - I'm a donkey Born and bred in Guernsey. But its lovely to hear from another Channel Islander - even if I've lived away for a few years I still feel an islander at heart !! I probably bore my students to tears with my island stories - although most of them are really interested and have never heard of the islands. I also take the opportunity to tell them all about The Durrell Trust too and at this rate I think the Tourist Board should be paying me
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
Sorry Mike - I'm a donkey Born and bred in Guernsey. But its lovely to hear from another Channel Islander - even if I've lived away for a few years I still feel an islander at heart !! I probably bore my students to tears with my island stories - although most of them are really interested and have never heard of the islands. I also take the opportunity to tell them all about The Durrell Trust too and at this rate I think the Tourist Board should be paying me
My son had to read a piece from 'My family and other Animals' by the great man (trAnslated into italian of course) and it made me remember how much I loved that book when I was younger... I can feel a copy being ordered for xmas... never been to the channel islands though...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I didnt know about this book - I'll have to get my mum to send me a copy - I'd love to read that.
I visited the park about 7 yrs ago and just loved it - I could go back again and again. My favourite is the gorillas. (I'm sure many agree with me)
I think the work they do is just marvellous and I'm sure if the great man is looking down he would be very proud to see it continues today.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:17 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great book! I love it and so does Alex. He read it when we very first moved here and I think it helped him adjust as he could relate to many of the strange things the young Mr. Durrell got up to in Corfu. I tried reading one of Lawrence Durrells books about Cyprus, it was good but it just didn't have that something his little brother's book had. Bits made me laugh though!

I've only ever been to Jersey but my OH has been to Guernsey - think I've probably mentioned it before. He got me a really lovely gold chain from there and Alex - well Antonia now - still has the pull along planes and trains he got from Woolies that was!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:43 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My Family and Other Animals is a great read and a book that made me laugh out loud in places.

I didn't realise for ages that it was written decades ago. Some of the bits in the book could have been written about Italy.

You must get it Patty.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:32 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
:To you both! Won't try and be helpful in future......
Well you haven't been helpful at present. Why change??
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duffer
Stay alert for any alcoholic cider please.
Alcoholic cider for sale in Padova Price was €4.50 for a pint bottle of Bulmers Cider.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lindaf
Alcoholic cider for sale in Padova Price was €4.50 for a pint bottle of Bulmers Cider.
oooh was that in IKEA?? We saw mince pies in a shop in Torino €8.90 for 6!!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:18 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Also read My Family & other animals & visited the area and the "supposed" villa in Corfu. Brill area for walking. I loved Corfu.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:59 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts?
I got some French cider from Auchan yesterday for €3,55. It was quite cloudy and only 3% vol. The Bulmers is very nice. Normally costs £1.99 from the Srilankan off-licences in London.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Right in the centre, in one of the streets alongside Piazza delle Erbe. It's a small shop that only sells foreign alcohol such as Bulmers, Newcastle Brown Ale etc etc.

Do you know Padova quite well?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:11 am
Pull my finger

Isn't that in Verona?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm are you joking about it being in Verona cos every town round here has a Piazza delle Erbe!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm are you joking about it being in Verona cos every town round here has a Piazza delle Erbe!!
I think he means Padova.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.