Reload this Page >

Italian pension contributions and work history

Italian pension contributions and work history

Old Mar 17th 2024, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

ZubizarretaTinoco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian pension contributions and work history

I worked 3 years in Italy from 1990 to 1993
I have all my documentation (letters, contract, pay slips, tax returns, annual INPS contributions form etc) from a legitimate company
I went on the INPS site with my tax code and PIN to see my pension contributions and my work history.
The INPS site says it has no record of contributions for my pension or a work record

What should I do next? Thanks for your help
Old Mar 18th 2024, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian pension contributions and work history

I would contact the pensions ministry in your home country. If there is an agreement between Italy and your home country then the 4 years of contributions will be 'imported' to your home country and integrated into your pension there. The pensions department will probably have more luck than you in finding out why they dont show up on the INPS site.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by modicasa
I would contact the pensions ministry in your home country. If there is an agreement between Italy and your home country then the 4 years of contributions will be 'imported' to your home country and integrated into your pension there. The pensions department will probably have more luck than you in finding out why they dont show up on the INPS site.
It might also be worth contacting a patronato or a CAF.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

True, or make an appointment with your local INPS. I went a month ago to see a pensions expert about integration and totalisation post Brexit - and the first question was 'So what is Brexit?' Not designed to fill you with hope, but if you get someone who can turn on the computer they may be able to tell you why you dont appear.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

When I was on the phone with HMRC last year, I was told to ring the International Pension Centre (UK) and ask them about 'transferring' my pension contributions in Italy back to Blighty. (Whatever the word 'transferring' means.) - https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre

(N.B. Not that I'm anywhere near retirement age or moving back to the UK imminently.)

But yes, I would first get in touch with INPS (Italy) and ask them for any official records. Chances are they didn't log your contributions back in the early 1990s when the system went digital, but I'm sure the paperwork must still be there.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by modicasa
True, or make an appointment with your local INPS. I went a month ago to see a pensions expert about integration and totalisation post Brexit - and the first question was 'So what is Brexit?' Not designed to fill you with hope, but if you get someone who can turn on the computer they may be able to tell you why you dont appear.
Do you know if it’s possible to transfer contributions from the UK to Italy and who to ask about doing it?
Old Mar 20th 2024, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure you can't transfer contribution, neither from the UK or to the UK (or any other EU country for that matter). What they do is pass a copy of your records and use it in a pro-rata calculation. It used to be pretty easy to find contact information on the ".GOV" site, but looks to me they just don't really want you to do so. I reckon this lot from the GOV site here are who you need to contact. Most are still based in Newcastle.