Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

information on Abruzzo

information on Abruzzo

Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:50 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information on Abruzzo

The ones that annoy me are the ones with no price but just say "info only in our office."

I telephoned one such agency once to ask the price of a house. Conversation went something like this .........

ME - good day. I'm ringing to enquire about the price of house reference number 1025.

HIM - info in our office Signora.

ME - yes but I could save us both time if I knew if I could afford it or not. If I can, I'll come in.

HIM - as I said Signora, info in our office.

ME - look, I have two children under the age of 6. I am not dragging them into the car and driving 10 kilometers just to discover maybe that the house is out of my price range. Now is it too much to ask if I can just have the price?

Obviously it was .......... he put the phone down on me !!!!!! How's that for professional?

I was tempted to ring back and give him a serious piece of my mind but I just couldn't be bothered.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

midlandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: information on Abruzzo

But what about the other things I asked about

Where to base ourselves

cheap car hire
Buy a car

cheap house to rent

Meeting People

Any help appreciated

Pete
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

barb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

drive one out there, we plan to, take loads of stuff, leave it out there so we have a car for holidays etc.
If you have space I'm sure people on here will find stuff for you to pack into it!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road

sorry i thought i'd answered some of your queries did suggest you pm'd me for further information but so far haven't heard anything from you.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midlandpete
But what about the other things I asked about

Where to base ourselves That is purely a personal choice I would have thought.

cheap car hire answered. Look at a previous thread on cheap car hire.
Buy a car Not without being a legal resident.

cheap house to rent Agencies and internet

Meeting People For that you just have to get out and get talking.

Any help appreciated

Pete
As I said before - I don't know that part of Italy.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Apr 2nd 2009 at 11:16 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:01 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Hi,
Pm us & we will give you as much info as we can to help
Ernesto
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

midlandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: information on Abruzzo

Originally Posted by barb14
drive one out there, we plan to, take loads of stuff, leave it out there so we have a car for holidays etc.
If you have space I'm sure people on here will find stuff for you to pack into it!
Can you just leave a car out there? (assuming you could find a garage or something) - assume you would keep taxing it and insuring it in the UK

Sounds like a good idea - bet you cant do it for long tho?

pete
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

genzana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pete - we visited several areas of Italy until we saw Abruzzo and fell in love! There are some great bargains still, especially farther inland, more towards Rome.

Where to base ourselves - Sulmona is fairly central
cheap car hire - http://travel.kelkoo.co.uk/c-172301-car-hire.html
cheap house to rent & Meeting People - for both, find a nice expat with a room or two to rent. Cheap board and you can ask questions and meet people for nothing! I know someone who has a double room near Sulmona, if you'd like her details, PM me.