Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Incinerator in Abruzzo

Incinerator in Abruzzo

Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:31 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Incinerator in Abruzzo

We have just heard there is to be an incinerator built in a beautiful valley in our area. It will be fueled from burning rubber tyres and will burn waste of one sort or another. Plastics, household waste, unsorted, we presume, and we don't know what else. We have just been given a petition document to sign and return by Sunday. Anyone interested in signing please private message me for a petition form with your email address and I will send one. If you have any information on incinerators I would welcome some discussion
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

sonofjoe will become famous soon enoughsonofjoe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Incinerator in Abruzzo

Oh good Maybe then Abruzzo will stop dumping their rubbush in Naples.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:21 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

That's one way of looking it I suppose.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Ed Foley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ernesto
That's one way of looking it I suppose.
I tried to e-mail you but failed. I live in Castel Frentano and heard a similar rumour just after the election. I am not sure if this is the same plan, that has been developed or another plan altogether. Either way I am happy to sign a petition
Old Nov 14th 2009, 2:33 pm
Capo di nessuno capo

stefanaccio is an unknown quantity at this point

There are plans to build and incinerator also in the very small village of Faieto. The locals are doing what they can to stop the project.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:30 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stefanaccio
There are plans to build and incinerator also in the very small village of Faieto. The locals are doing what they can to stop the project.
Sounds like the Faieto & Bisenti incinerators are being proposed by the same company. S.A.I.D. s.a.s. di Scerne di Pineto. They have a cement works there, with a not very good environmental record I hear. Bet there are more being pushed. The plot thickens.
Pilch
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:50 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Foley
I tried to e-mail you but failed. I live in Castel Frentano and heard a similar rumour just after the election. I am not sure if this is the same plan, that has been developed or another plan altogether. Either way I am happy to sign a petition
Attached is the petition. Any one that wants to can either fill it in on their computer, it's a spreadsheet, & sign it with some sort of handwriting font or italics or, print & scan back. Make sure you let them see you are a Brit or other foreigner. It carries more weight.
Have also been just reminded of something. Look on youtube for "Dr. Paul Connett Incinerator". Also "Beppe Grillo Termovalorizzatore". Lots of very interesting & informed opinion there.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
petition_1906.doc (37.0 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Gio; Nov 14th 2009 at 10:17 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:14 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonofjoe
Oh good Maybe then Abruzzo will stop dumping their rubbush in Naples.

Actually, it's less a case of Abruzzo sending it to Naples, more a case of Naples asking for it and being paid to dispose of it. There are not hundreds of Abruzzese trucks fly tipping in Naples me thinks.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:25 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernesto
Actually, it's less a case of Abruzzo sending it to Naples, more a case of Naples asking for it and being paid to dispose of it. There are not hundreds of Abruzzese trucks fly tipping in Naples me thinks.
By sending it up to Veneto! They are also planning a termovalorizzatore within spitting distance of the 'photo's I posted, world heritage site BTW.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:33 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
By sending it up to Veneto! They are also planning a termovalorizzatore within spitting distance of the 'photo's I posted, world heritage site BTW.

Start a petition & go to the commune meetings, visit the bars and talk to the Italians...I did and am willing to sign your petition if you start one. It's not just in my back yard, & we don't want them anywhere.