IMU

Old May 24th 2020, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Casagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the rough
Default IMU

This year is somewhat different from other years and we will not be in Italy to meet the June dealine for IMU, has anybody else got this problem? and what are you doing about it?
Old May 24th 2020, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMU

Email the comune....
Old May 27th 2020, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really understand IMU.

I've tried reading about it but find the descriptions confusing. I think it is a tax on property, with different amounts due depending on the type of property and whether that property is a first or second home/rented out etc.

My questions are:

1. Does everybody have to pay it?

2. Will my commune contact me automatically, or is this one of those taxes where I am supposed to know that it exists and contact them?

Old May 27th 2020, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Casagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the rough

It is a property tax and you do not have to pay it if you are resident.

If you do have to pay it you have to work it out for yourself or get somebody to do it for you (book keeper or accountant) you must fill out an F24 and pay it at the bank either yearly by the 16 th June or twice yearly in (two payments) by dec 16th.

Hope that helps?
Old May 27th 2020, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casagialla
It is a property tax and you do not have to pay it if you are resident.

Hope that helps?
Yes it does. We're resident so doesn't apply to us. Thanks for the explanation
​​​​​​
​(and best of luck sorting yours out, hope it goes OK)
Old May 27th 2020, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

You dont have to pay it as a resident if you dont own a A/1, A/9 or A/10 property, If you have land you may have to pay depending on your comune and if you have more than 1 pertinence to your house you will pay even as resident.
It is a tax, so most comunes will not contact you - it is up to you to calculate and pay it. TARI (the rubbish tax) is an imposta and therefore is billed by the comune .
Alot of comunes are not imposing late payment fines for the June tranche this year given lockdown.

Old May 27th 2020, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

I hadn't heard about the late payment fines being waived that could be good news.