Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

HELP NEEDED for integrating in VICENZA!

HELP NEEDED for integrating in VICENZA!

Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Fergelina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP NEEDED for integrating in VICENZA!

Hello all,

We are in need of a person, who is able to help us integrating into Vicenza.
The period we have in mind is January, 2008 (can also be a student of course).
We know the exact dates in mid-November this year.
Fee for these services is negotiable .

What we are looking for is someone who:
- Has (good) knowledge of the Italian and English language (German or Dutch is fine too)
- Can guides us in setting up payments for i.e. household utility bills, rental payments and translations (example: of what is- and is not included in the rent)
- Can guide us in; how- and where to register, where to register for schooling (for 6 year old into primary school in August/September, 2008)
- Setting up telephone- and internet connections, TV (SKY DIGITAL), a bank account for direct deposits for utility payments and other needed matters regarding living there
- Finding an English-Italian tutor for our 6 year old

Hope you can help us finding some one....

Fergelina
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:20 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP NEEDED for integrating in VICENZA!

Do you want the moon on a stick?

You're asking too much of us busy Vicentini.
What I can offer is a nice cuppa (Sainsbury's Red Label)!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Whey, Duffer....

That's why they call me the SWAT !!!
Have to have things organized before we head over there.....

I'm the type that even brings a list of restaurants to visit, all local emergency- and taxi numbers etc, etc...before going on holidays....(yep....I'm a VIRGO....)

Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

If you find a GOOD real estate agent they will help you with all these things or find a relocation service, this is their job. Our agent in Florence helped us with a lot of the things you are asking about. You pay them enough - make the b******s work for it!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Hi Testarossa,

That is what we heard from a few within the company too in the past week!
That is great!
It IS indeed a HUGE amount that they earn, must do it that way then....

I have already made a list with all type of questions (i.e. what the gas-, electricity and other stuff will cost us monthly....whhhahahaha....).....after your info on the charges!!!

Regards,

Fergelina
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

When we moved over in July 2006 we used an agent in Vicenza who is Italian but spoke fluent English. She also helped us with bills etc. If you are still looking for a place in the area then I can forward you her details by a pm or e-mail if you want - just let me know. She certainly earnt her money trying to find us a place to live here (we have 4 dogs and this proved to be too much for some landlords to comprehend!). We will be looking to move again early next year (to be a bit nearer hubby's work) and will be going to her again for help.

Happy to meet up to show you all around Vicenza or go for a pizza once you have arrived

Carrie
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Hey Carrie,

Thanks!
Yes DO!
Because we will be looking for houses THIS month!!!
Much soonen than I thought..

Fergelina
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I have also found the book 'Living and working in Italy' ed by Graeme Chester quite useful if you want to read up on stuff before you get here. It's quite comprehensive.
HTH
Emilyx
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

karamia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Embles
Hi - I have also found the book 'Living and working in Italy' ed by Graeme Chester quite useful if you want to read up on stuff before you get here. It's quite comprehensive.
HTH
Emilyx
I would second that!Great for nuts and bolts info you will need