Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Help with electric meter

Help with electric meter

Old Jan 19th 2020, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Mymblesdaughter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with electric meter

Hi, my husband has just arrived at our apartment in Italy. He is hoping to be there for a couple of months. Unfortunately the electric is not on! So he's a bit stuck! Does anyone know what an upsidedown triangle and an ! On the digital display mean?

Old Jan 19th 2020, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with electric meter

I dont think that message means very much. I have seen it on my meter when the power has jumped.
Have you checked all the breakers are set correctly?
Try switching off everything and see if a light will come on.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. I'm still in the UK getting messges from him so I will ask him.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Read this thread
Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It may be that someone has tampered with your meter. The inverted triangle appears if someone tries to remove or open the meter, according to an electrician friend of mine - and that means you cannot change any other part. You need to call ENEL and they will change the meter.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Thank you, I will pass on the information to him.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 9:05 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mymblesdaughter
Thank you, I will pass on the information to him.
Did it get sorted out?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, yes it did. He had to get an electrician and apparently there was something wrong with an inaccessable supply cable going through the walls in the empty apartment below ours. They ended up having to put a new electric cable up the outside of the building. So all quite complicated in the end! The good news is he now has electricity!