Reload this Page >

Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load

Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load

Old Apr 5th 2019, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

green-eyed-girl66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load

Help please!!!!!

Just arrived at my house in Puglia and have no electricity. Meter is giving the message I’ve typed above
Does anyone know what this means please?
Old Apr 5th 2019, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load

Surely it does not report out in English? What is the message in Italian? Who are you with - ENEL? Sounds like you went above the max you have available, if so it should reset. Has it tripped...
Old Apr 5th 2019, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Surely it does not report out in English? What is the message in Italian? Who are you with - ENEL? Sounds like you went above the max you have available, if so it should reset. Has it tripped...
Ok the message I wrote is google translate version!! I’m with ENEL. No unpaid bills I’m aware of. It comes in for an ever decreasing amount of time, so maybe three mins, now down to 30 seconds max and it trips. Not any particular thing that trips it. Left just one lsmp
on, on for 30 secs then trips!!
Old Apr 6th 2019, 1:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Detachment imposed excess power for the purpose of reducing load

Sounds like a "brown-out" to me - the region is using more power than the power company can supply, so everyone else gets intermittent power cuts until demand matches supply again.

My power company (in the US) has a program where they attach a device near the meter that, at times of extreme demand, the device will cut power for several minutes every hour, to reduce overall demand. In return for voluntary accepting the device I get a reduction in my power bill.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If you have 3Kw supply but are using over 3.3Kw then that will happen. Turn off some appliances.
Press the button on the meter repeatedly it will tell you your max Kw and the amount available in that moment.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by modicasa
If you have 3Kw supply but are using over 3.3Kw then that will happen. Turn off some appliances.
Press the button on the meter repeatedly it will tell you your max Kw and the amount available in that moment.
We came into the hose after it had been empty for four months. Just had dehumidifier running all winter. No peer so disconnected everything. It came on for a few mins then cut out when we only had one lamp on. Then it kept coming back when we flipped the switch, but for ever decreasing time segments down to just s few seconds. This morning the 135% figure says 120%
we have the 3kw deal. Does that average usage? I thought it was just don’t exceed 3kw at any given time? Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2019, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting (probably not for you), we came back last year and had a very similar problem, not quite as severe. Cut a long story short, neighbours had been having an upgrade due to a total re-build and the installation of solar power feeding to the grid. This was done over winter whilst we were away and when we came back the power kept tripping. Doing as Modi has said, we pressed the large button on the meter and it came to something like “max Potenza…” which gives you the maximum power you have pulled in the month, we knew from that we had only ever got to 2.1kw. Unfortunately the only answer was to raise a fault with ENEL. When we called them (you can also raise a fault on-line) a very angry woman simply shouted “yes we know about it, it will be fixed in an hour or so”! Not that we believed her, but we were not up to arguing with her. Following the call we indeed had no further problems.
Well worth asking neighbours if there is/was a problem mentioned by Pulaski. I would also check out if there is any damp causing a short somewhere....
Old Apr 6th 2019, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by green-eyed-girl66

We came into the hose after it had been empty for four months. Just had dehumidifier running all winter. No peer so disconnected everything. It came on for a few mins then cut out when we only had one lamp on. Then it kept coming back when we flipped the switch, but for ever decreasing time segments down to just s few seconds. This morning the 135% figure says 120%
we have the 3kw deal. Does that average usage? I thought it was just don’t exceed 3kw at any given time? Thanks
I had a similar problem. In my case the circuit breaker on the meter had broken. We called ENEL on Saturday lunchtime and they exchanged the meter before 5pm the same day.

Old Apr 6th 2019, 8:10 pm
MDW
Just Joined

MDW is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be worth checking that your bills have been paid - if you are "cut off" they still allow a low amount of electricity to continue (enough for a fridge a couple of lights) Happened to us when we moved in
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

In fact,I think MDW may well be right. You could have been put on a reduced load. Do you know that your bills are up to date?
Old Apr 7th 2019, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out everything, maybe something like a hot water cistern or a freezer cabinet that is on all the time with a heavy amps use.
Then when you switch on something like a heater or an electric kettle it trips. Are your lights the old type or led.
Hope you get it sorted soon anyway.
(the bold type is my computer's ide
a not mine)
all the best,
'o nonno.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MDW
Might be worth checking that your bills have been paid - if you are "cut off" they still allow a low amount of electricity to continue (enough for a fridge a couple of lights) Happened to us when we moved in
Well it seems this was the case. I have now paid all bills up to date, but to prevent this happening again I’m trying to set up Enel online account. Can’t get past the page asking for a mobile number so it can send a OTP via text! It won’t accept a UK mobile number so does anyone know a way around this?
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 10th 2019, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to read the resolution to a problem. If you shop around you might be able to obtain a payg sim card with only a passport.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

We needed our codice fiscale card to get a pebble years ago.Take both anyway.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philat98
Good to read the resolution to a problem. If you shop around you might be able to obtain a payg sim card with only a passport.
This is the solution as IIRC they indeed will not accept a UK number (stupid in this day and age), BUT the problem long term is that all things will go mobile and in Italy you need to keep any SIM alive as the like of TIM will kill the SIM if it's not used or topped up in 12 months or so. Most of the big players seem to have brought down their prices of late, likely to compete with the likes of Iliad. Finding a SIM that does not involve a contract or credit card might be a bit more difficult, If your Italian is not too good, I would go into a large Wind or TIM shop where there is probably someone that speaks English and tell them what you want it for OR search their sites to find a PAYG sim only deal. Alternative is to get an Italian friend to get your OTP, but I'm almost certain they want a number for more than that - good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.