Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Google maps and Poste Italiane

Google maps and Poste Italiane

Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about
Default Google maps and Poste Italiane

A recorded delivery package sent from the UK on Dec 13 got to Milan on the 18th. Dovequando said it was then on its way to Rome on the 18th. According to google maps, it takes 6.5 days to walk from Milan to Rome, but that doesn't take into account the need to sleep, so add on a third and you get to about 9 days. Lo and behold, 9 days after leaving Milan, my package arrives in Rome! Obviously, not yet at my house though...

I would just like to congratulate PosteItaliane for their dedication to duty and tirelessly transporting the christmas present I ordered all the way to Rome over the holidays. I won't hear a bad word against them.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Google maps and Poste Italiane

Originally Posted by casalottian
A recorded delivery package sent from the UK on Dec 13 got to Milan on the 18th. Dovequando said it was then on its way to Rome on the 18th. According to google maps, it takes 6.5 days to walk from Milan to Rome, but that doesn't take into account the need to sleep, so add on a third and you get to about 9 days. Lo and behold, 9 days after leaving Milan, my package arrives in Rome! Obviously, not yet at my house though...

I would just like to congratulate PosteItaliane for their dedication to duty and tirelessly transporting the christmas present I ordered all the way to Rome over the holidays. I won't hear a bad word against them.
Poste Italia are just great, last year I sent a three day express parcel to the Uk paid near on 65 euros for it. It took 3 and a half weeks to get there.

I also watched a lady carry 7 huge parcels into a post office (It took her 7 trips to and from the van) in Sicily only to be told she had to take them back home and return tomorrow as it was pension day and they were really busy!!! He only dealt with them after she went berserk and threatened him, his children, his children's children and several other generations of children.....

I also won't hear a bad word against them, not even the stupid women in our local post office.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Poste Italia are just great, last year I sent a three day express parcel to the Uk paid near on 65 euros for it. It took 3 and a half weeks to get there.

I also watched a lady carry 7 huge parcels into a post office (It took her 7 trips to and from the van) in Sicily only to be told she had to take them back home and return tomorrow as it was pension day and they were really busy!!! He only dealt with them after she went berserk and threatened him, his children, his children's children and several other generations of children.....

I also won't hear a bad word against them, not even the stupid women in our local post office.
'HE' dealt with them....so not just 'stupid women' work in post offices...ha ha !!!!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Our postman has been so thoughtful and dedicated in his job- instead of not delivering our packages ordered on the internet - he very thoughtfully has left them in the road (ON the wet tarmac) outside our gate and in the rain - anyone could have taken them or any car could have run them over The problem is if you complain then he simply wont deliver anything in future and so I'm not sure what to do ? Any suggestions ??? (I like the Sicilan ladys approach but I dont think it would work for me )
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patty
Our postman has been so thoughtful and dedicated in his job- instead of not delivering our packages ordered on the internet - he very thoughtfully has left them in the road (ON the wet tarmac) outside our gate and in the rain - anyone could have taken them or any car could have run them over The problem is if you complain then he simply wont deliver anything in future and so I'm not sure what to do ? Any suggestions ??? (I like the Sicilan ladys approach but I dont think it would work for me )
Yes they are crazy. The post women left my 4 month supply of lens on the road outside the gate just like yours did.

Stupid stupid people.

It's interesting the threats that they use in Italy though. In our local pizzaria the owner who is from Calabria was talking to a guy from the finance police. The policeman was saying that he was off to his villa for the X mas. It had just been completed and cost 700K The pizza guy said he had been making pizzas here for the last 40 years and that he is always busy. How come He didn't have a 700K villa and a policeman does?

The policeman suddenly went angry and said shut up or I will have your shutters(of the shop) pulled down permanently.

The Pizza guy retorted " Before you threaten me go to the country and look at my family!"

Exit one apologetic copper.